I’m not Mel Gibson or Jimmy Stewart but …

PatriotShenandoah
March08/ 2021

BobLee logo

March 8, 2021

I’m Not Mel Gibson or Jimmy Stewart but …

Would it make more sense if I said I’m Not “Benjamin Martin”…… or “Charles Anderson”. The characters played by Mel Gibson / The Patriot and Jimmy Stewart / Shenandoah?  As if the actual title isn’t too cryptic.

The characters – Martin and Anderson – were both fathers during major wars in American – The Revolution & The Civil War respectively.  Both were adamant about their families staying out of those wars … but both men were inexorably drawn in when their sons became fatally involved.

Unlike those two characters … I have NOT been reluctant to become involved in the current “War” raging in America. …

But, I HAVE been reluctant to fully utilize This Page of my website to the war effort.

That is no longer the case.

Do not assume that because I have total contempt for Liberal Democrats, I must be “Republican – Conservative” whatever the hell that means.

I detest the wholesale corruption of  “the political class” and its media cronies.   All the corrupt scoundrels that profit from it whether “D” or “R”.  Which are the most corrupt is a pointless argument.

I have hesitated to post commentaries that might be combative to ever how many of you are enthusiastic supporters of The Biden / Harris /Pelosi / Schumer Regime and of their policies.  Whether you are simply a hapless victim of TDS – Trump Derangement Syndrome – or a true believer in a totalitarian state.

That too is no longer the case.  It’s likely only a handful of you reading this fall into that category.   Some do.

The Biden/ Harris/ Pelosi/ Schumer Regime – and its supporters – pose a serious threat to my grandchildren’s future.  … I take serious threats “seriously”.

What is happening today to “America” – as it was founded and prospered for 250 years – is as diabolical as Hitler’s Blitz of London in 1940-41.   Hitler’s expressed intent with The Blitz was to crush morale and break the spirit of the English people.

… Exactly the intent of the Biden / Harris / Pelosi / Schumer Regime regarding anyone who dares oppose them.

This website attracts a significant number of viewers.  Only about 5% regularly post reader comments.  If you come here to “escape” what is happening to America … you need to keep on looking for such a refuge from the storm.  Good Luck!

As Benjamin Martin and Charles Anderson did turn their plowshares into swords, I am committing this website to The Cause.  Will one more snowflake cause an avalanche … One more drop of water turn the tide?  Probably not … but I can say I tried.

I started this site 20 years ago with the late Lewis Grizzard as a model.   That is still my model along with a few others of lesser renown.

I intend to do More “Keep Your Fork” … and PDEW … and “Must Be Yankees” … and “Her Name was Cotton” … and “The Keys To The Gym” … and “Pier Fishing With My Dad” … etc.  … More reminders of a less perilous time in America.

This website was intended for Entertainment Purposes.   If I can also provide hope and a haven for those of you terrified at what is happening to America … I will not hesitate to do so.

If you have not checked out The Rush Chronicles … I recommend you do so.   A dozen+ stories about two men who became acquainted by coincidence and remained friends.   One gained International Fame & Fortune … and One had a radio show for 32 years !!  GOTCHA!

OK … Now I can do that column on Professional Bass Fishermen … BobLee’s kinda guys.

MORE of BobLeeSays … HERE

5 3 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

40 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Hesire#2
Hesire#2
1 month ago

With the current federal government, this country is doomed. It is only a matter of time….sadly not much time. Most of them are crooks.

Doug
Doug
1 month ago

Best three sentences by far I’ve read in awhile……”I detest the wholesale corruption of “the political class” and its media cronies. All the corrupt scoundrels that profit from it whether “D” or “R”. Which are the most corrupt is a pointless argument.”

iratepyrate
iratepyrate
1 month ago

I deplore the times we are living in, with the lack of fair-dealing leadership in our national, state and local stages. That being said, I am very thankful that we are living in times that we (currently) have access to the technology to communicate with like-minded individuals and educate ourselves and that we (currently) have the freedoms to use those tools to express ourselves and spread the word as best as we are able. I support your willingness to use every tool in your belt in order to do your part in correcting the problems. That is, attempting to change… Read more »

Wildatheart
Wildatheart
1 month ago

Count me in. I have been loading up on Victor Davis Hanson and contributing to Hillsdale rather than NCSU. The scary thing is that with the left owning most of the news and virtually all of the education system, so many people will need to unlearn things they have been holding as true – so we need to recognize that as we attemt to enlighten.

Queen City
Queen City
1 month ago

Love it Bob Lee. Are you reading Dr. Seuss to your Grandkids ?

Jay Light
Reply to  BobLee

Wait til they see Buckwheat, always one of my favortes with the Rascals

former96heel
former96heel
1 month ago

Bring it BL, as many people as possible need to have the truth presented to them.

former96heel
former96heel
Reply to  BobLee

So for the past 6 years, about this point in the news cycle, a fake news story would drop about DJT. What is it going to be this year? The royals can only hold our attention for a few days. At some point, the focus has to move back to those in charge, and which ditch we are driving off. . We have 2 massive obstacles in front on holding on to America: Cancel culture, and as you have put it, the HR people nowadays. We may still be a Silent majority, emphasis on silent. nobody wants to lose a… Read more »

Ruth
Ruth
1 month ago

A similar discussion was had this morning in this household before I read this marvelous, outstanding, well stated column. Preaching to the choir here, so to speak. I am tired of the attempt at mind control which is occurring at this time by the social media set and our so call leaders. Now back to fishing or something fun! Have a great day!

Ruth
Reply to  BobLee

Downloaded it last night. Bad snow on Wed so will be reading!!! We should be opening up enough now that I just might get to visit with CJ if he resumes his book signings.

Mark Smith
Mark Smith
1 month ago

I miss the good ole days when you’d tell me what to think about our Heels. But, those days are gone as well. Things sure were more fun when that kid hit Send from Miami. Keep up the good work.

Harper Cooper
Harper Cooper
1 month ago

“I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic “. What part of domestic does not include anyone who wants to over throw our beloved constitution as written ?
I believe this includes the liberal Democrats, Antifa , BLM and etc. Now, I believe there are those in the senior leadership of the military that are just as guilty. Everyday it continues as it is, civil war may be the only answer to return to the constitution we love. I pray not ! Keep up the good fight.

Jay Light
1 month ago

I read Lewis Grizzard religiously for years. Loved his sense of human and overall “lore”. I have never felt like a republican or democrat, but lean to republican being conservative. Served in Nam so know the horrors and sacrifices of war. Like many I am frustrated, dismayed, shocked and worried about this country. I still keep wondering why the republicans don’t stand up to the socialist democrats. Everybody saying how worried and scared they are but do nothing. I can’t really recommend one representative in the house or senator in the senate I would vote for with a good conscience.… Read more »

JoCoFred
JoCoFred
1 month ago

Super! I’m thinking Casablanca with all those Patriotic quotes!

Jay Colognori
1 month ago

Bring it! In a time when a song called WAP is celebrated as the best song of 2020 we need as many voices of reason to speak up and ask the tough questions about what we want to be and pray they reach the youngest generation and challenge them to choose what is right for them and their children. Ring the damn bell and I will share it!

mcpack
mcpack
Reply to  Jay Colognori

I must admit that I don’t pay attention to the current acts and that I am very hard to shock. But I just looked up CArdi B’s song. I am appalled! It is a crime that we spend time talking about Doctor Suess when this kind of garbage is out there.
Please keep up the fight.

Joco Bob
Joco Bob
1 month ago

I have lost count of the “friends” who now avoid me in the grocery store or anywhere outside the home who used to be good to see you peeps with a handshake due to my in your face comments on Facebook and elsewhere I go. Those go along get along friends I expect will not be seen at my funeral either. I do not care anymore. . My father and mother, like many others of my age fought an war, sacrificed much of their youth, and some lay buried on some hillside in Europe or some island in the Pacific… Read more »

Jay Light
Reply to  Joco Bob

Well said!

VF.t
VF.t
1 month ago

I am glad you have decided to take up your sword against this movement. We need all the gifted people like you to speak out. I have grandchildren also.

DM Carpenter
DM Carpenter

Good morning BL:

“For want of a nail, a shoe was lost…” All support can be critical.

Thanks for providing information and insight, while entertaining.

RowdyBlueTarHeeler
RowdyBlueTarHeeler
1 month ago

take a peek at the National Debt Clock website sometime. That’ll give you warm fuzzy…. keep up the good work!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x