Nekkid Cheerleaders & Eddie Haskell … ??

Nekid Cheerleader Eddie Haskell
May20/ 2020

BobLee logo

May 20, 2020

Nekkid Cheerleaders … & Eddie Haskell – OMG!

♦♦♦

I have long maintained that THE #1 All-Time Best “Click-bait” Internet Headline would include the phrase…  Homicidal Nekkid Lesbian Cheerleaders …

It wouldn’t matter what the predicate to that subject would be.  A Whole Lotta folks would click on it regardless “just because”.

NOTE:  Is there anyone in America under the age of 40 that has a clue what “a predicate” is?

The University of Kentucky Cheerleaders are not, to my knowledge, homicidal but they have apparently been nekkid recently.  As for being lesbian … the likelihood of a few of “those” would not be SHOCKING in these ever-more provocative times.

Raise your hand if you are familiar with the term “LUG”.   It stands for Lesbian Until Graduation.   Experimentation into the mysterious world of The Sisters of Sappho lifestyle is not that uncommon on college campuses these days.  Assuming it ever WAS “Uncommon”.  It is viewed as “experimentation” similar to “a tattoo” or “a mohawk haircut” ??

Upon graduation one either – (A) – Reverts back to Hetero entering the real world to pursue an Mrs degree… or – (B) – Joins the WNBA or US Women’s Soccer team … or – (C) – Enters the Adult Entertainment Industry.

I was not as shocked that the U of K cheerleaders were frolicking about in their birthday suits as I was that the squad has won 24 National Cheerleading Championships which dwarfs the accomplishments of the vaunted U of K Mens Basketball team.  WHO outside The Commonwealth knew that?

Here’s the news report about the –  Nekkid Cheerleaders of Kentucky. … LINK.

It’s just text with no pictures… So, here is another picture of’em to satiate your prurient interests.

Nekkid Cheerleaders

Two events occurred on the day I posted that previous column noting Phyllis George’s passing.   1 – The Nekkid Cheerleader story broke … and  – 2“Eddie Haskell” died.  … “Eddie Haskell” will never die… but the actor Ken Osmond did die.

♦♦♦

To paraphrase a favorite line from Puff The Magic Dragon …  Characters in TV Shows Live Forever … but Not So the Actors that play them.

Eddie HaskellFrom all reports Ken Osmond was a fine fellow in “real life”.  He left acting except for a few Leave It To Beaver specials… and became an LA policeman.  He accepted that he would never outlive “being Eddie Haskell” and went about his life making the best of it.  Like former UNC Basketballer Lee Dedmon has had to do.

I could do an entire Insightful BLSays column on “Eddie Haskell” and how a TV character can become such a universally recognized part of American culture.  Bit NOOOOO, I have to integrate “Eddie” into a Nekkid Cheerleaders column.

Think about it.  What classic TV character’s demise WOULD end up sharing a BLSays column with Nekkid Cheerleaders?  Here are some choices:

Ernest T. Bass (AG) … Herb Tarlick (WKRP) … Murray Slaughter (MTM) … Hop Sing (Bonanza) … Kramer (Seinfeld) … Gilligan (GI) … or “Eddie”

Nekkid Cheerleaders

OK, I can see some votes for “Herb” or “Kramer” but “Eddie” is a fine consensus choice IMO.   In LITB “Eddie” was “a jerk” but he was not a “perv”. TV in the 1950s did not allow for “pervs” although odds are they (pervs) WERE out and about in society back then.

I betcha there was a guy in your high school that comes to mind.  For anyone who went to high school with CNN’s Brian Stelter the choice is easy.

♦♦♦

Does having a prurient fascination with “Nekkid Cheerleaders” make one “a perv”?  I don’t think so.

Somewhat related … who among the male population reading this has NOT been with a “group o’ guys” where a comment such as Donald Trump uttered in 2005 with “a group of guys” including Billy Bush was uttered?  I’ve certainly been in enough locker rooms, golf courses and bars et al that such language is not uncommon.  Haven’t you too?  Most fellas I’ve known in my life are “unfit to lead the Free World” – If that is a deal-breaker”.

I’ve also known a few guys who could match both Joe Biden and “Slick Willie” in sordid sex-capades.  None of whom would I vote for for POTUS.

NOTE:  Am I the only one who has made the connection between The Univ Kentucky “Nekkid Cheerleaders” and the late Phyllis George?  Phyllis was married to former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown for almost 20 years and was still living in Lexington KY … the home of The University of Kentucky!  She passed away in a Lexington Hospital.  YIKES!

A news story such as Kentucky’s Nekkid Cheerleaders knee jerks a number of automatic responses among the many “knee jerks” among us.

Are cheerleaders “athletes”?  … Is a hot dog a sandwich?  Does their obvious athletic / gymnastic skills have anything at all to do with their getting nekkid at a lake retreat?  If so… how?

Should College “cheerleaders” and NFL “cheerleaders” be considered in the same discussions as to their intended purpose?  Is it OK to have unclean thoughts about the latter… but not the former.  Aren’t all of’em “someone daughters”?

Is what we now know about UK Cheerleaders an anomaly … or is it rather common among 100 or so college cheerleader squads … including even – YES – Your School’s. OMG!

Would “America” have completely lost its moral compass if…  college cheerleaders still wore poodle skirts and bobby socks?

College cheerleading squads are composed of both males and females … Are ANY of you visualizing “Nekkid MALE Cheerleaders” at Lake Cumberland?  Would you admit it if you did?

Nothing in the news reports of the UK Nekkid Cheerleader Scandal mentions anything about any of them “… going into a toilet stall and making sex sounds”.  … see the final paragraph below.

UK’s bitter rival is U of Louisville.  Are L-ville nitwit fans claiming UK’s Nekkid Cheerleader Scandal is A LOT WORSE than – 1 – “Slick Rick” Pitino providing Ho’s for his recruits … – 2 – “Slick Rick” doing the horizontal mambo on a table in a local Italian restaurant … or – 3 – UL’s rehiring Bobby Petrino after he crashed a motorcycle with his coed mistress at Arkansas ?  … What does UoL disgraced alum “Papa John” think of all this?

What does famed UK super-fan Ashley Judd think of all this? – YOWSA!

Nekkid Cheerleaders

Since the Nekkid Cheerleader story broke I have been besieged off-line with inquiries regarding “WWBLS  – What Will BobLee Say”.  I sincerely hope that the above has lived up to your every expectation.  Specifically…

How does This One compare in OH MY!! to the BLSays ClassicTwo Cheerleaders In A Toilet Stall – LINK ???

More BobLeeSays – CLICK HERE.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

36 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Bill Brockman
Bill Brockman

Have to believe this is just business as usual. Not just at UK, either. Interesting that these events occurred simultaneously. LITB epitomized life before the “sexual revolution.” UK’s cheerleaders epitomize life since then. Though I eagerly enlisted for the “revolution” during my undergrad days at UNC, when it was just starting (1967-1971), with the benefit of hindsight it is clear to me that the pre-“revolution” days, though not perfect, were clearly preferable. Not just for me, but for the moral health of the nation and, indeed, the world. Many theologians have noted that the “revolution” has had as one of… Read more »

Bill Brockman
Bill Brockman
Reply to  BobLee

You’re so right about the sound and fury over dorm visitation. Today’s collegians couldn’t imagine the emotion that was invested in that “battle.” They probably have no idea there even was a “battle.” If they thought in terms that we used, on hearing of it, they’d probably just think to themselves “how quaint!” Remember Robert Bork’s “Slouching Towards Gomorrah?” Seems more & more prophetic, doesn’t it? To go back even further, have you ever read Pope Paul VI’s “Humanae Vitae,” from 1968? Equally prophetic IMHO. Re “if it feels good, do it,” I can only hope that Gamaliel (“if it… Read more »

Bill Brockman
Bill Brockman
Reply to  BobLee

How could I not recognize the name of a starter on the undefeated national championship MBB team that defeated Wilt the Stilt’s first Michigan team in triple OT for the crown?!!!
Did you know that Revelation can be summarized in just 5 words? In the end, God wins. So, while that remarkable book does suggest that things here on earth won’t end so well, in the greater scheme of things they do end well for those whose trust is in God.

DM Carpenter
DM Carpenter

Speaking of ‘beloved’ and ‘respected’ people with questionable sexual pasts, Mary Jo Kopechne was not available for comment.

DM Carpenter
DM Carpenter
Reply to  BobLee

To apply the Lib standard, the person without power never is at fault.

Doug
Doug

Eddie Haskell and “Lumpy” Rutherford were my two favorite LITB characters. Both Osmond and Frank Bank who played Lumpy are gone. . Much has changed but some things don’t. Both Lexington and Louisville have always been a bit racey. Bourbon, big time college basketball, gamblers, liquor stores on every corner, thoroughbreds; racing and otherwise. A hint of some sort of decadence has been a constant over the 25 or so years I worked the burley tobacco markets. My first ever trip to a bar confirmed that when I met an actual working girl for the first time in my life.… Read more »

Doug
Doug
Reply to  BobLee

Google for a refresher.

Doug
Doug
Reply to  BobLee

I think they throw a big gala during Derby Week with proceeds going to Diabetes research. $16 million over the years is the last figure I saw.

James McCabe
James McCabe

Hey Bob,

Funny stuff. Did you ever hear the rumor back in the early 70s that the actor who played Eddie Haskell was in fact John C. Holmes? I was somewhat disappointed when it was dispelled. That would have been too cool. Love the column.

Wildatheart
Wildatheart
Reply to  BobLee

John Holmes is the guy that the high school in Edenton is named after 😉 BTW I have the entire LITB collection on DVD if anyone wants to binge watch.

Ruth
Ruth

I can always count on you to keep me laughing or smiling. “Hop Sing” would get my vote! Someday when in person remind me to share a story of a trip “himself” and I took which would fit right in to this. Just know I cannot tell it with out some serious laughing. I can still see it as if it was today and I am a little more mature than I was at the time of the story. Great job!

WHeyward Johnson
WHeyward Johnson

Well played. For whatever reason – It was the “is hotdog a sandwich?” line that got me.

former96heel
former96heel

Even in the days pre-cell phone camera, those folks in that area tried to out anything and everything with video evidence. The footage of Bobby Knight hitting a player in practice was of the same quality as the Zapruder film or Bigfoot sightings. If there’s no tape, it didn’t happen. It’s 2020, we need hi-def, surround sound, megapixel coverage as proof.
Bring the whole coaching team to UNC. They need some cheerleading banners to hoist!

former96heel
former96heel
Reply to  BobLee

I never met Lee, but he is very highly regarded back home in the education circles, so I catch he moved on quite well from sports, but isn’t he the Supreme Leadfooted statue that all middle-tier tall UNC athletes worshiped to until through Dean’s day? He begat Warren Martin, who begat Joe Wolf, who begat Dave Popson, who begat Matt Wenstrom, who begat Kevin Salvadori, who begat Serge Zwikker? All from the same line, but none who had ‘that moment’ of infamy?

CaptainFred
CaptainFred

Shazam as Gomer Pyle used to say. It only took me a half second to click on today’s fine column.
I must say that UK has some fine looking fillies even if they play for the other team for a few years.
“Horizontal mambo”- you crack me up BL.

CaptainFred
CaptainFred
Reply to  CaptainFred

The Lee Dedmon reference escaped me. Could you be referring to the much smaller Kevin Joyce outjumping Lee in the ACC T? I had forgotten all about it but I guess poor Lee will never live that one down.

CaptainFred
CaptainFred
Reply to  BobLee

Poor Lee is UNC’s Bill Buckner.

Jack.RMount
Jack.RMount

Yes… umpteen great zingers including the oh-so-subtle “Hop Sing” … but even MORE SUBLE was “Lee Dedmon”. That one sent 7-Up up my nose. KUDOs Sir… Truly A Legend.

Babs.Derm
Babs.Derm

LOL … Hop Sing !!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x