DON’T DO IT ECU…. and More

But Wait...
January24/ 2017

But Wait… There’s More

I find myself in the dilemma of the starving man staring at an All-U-Can-Buffet and being paralyzed by so many choices. I can’t write because there is too much to write about…

To say “there nothing worth offering insightful insights about” is certainly not the case. I have several sure-to-be-classics in varying stages of preparation. But which to polish and post… Oh Me! Oh My!

My dilemma is nothing compared to AgentPierce’s. Lordy, he truly is “that Okefenookee swamp boy who fell into the barrel of molasses and prayed the Good Lord would give him a mouth to fit the occasion…”. “Whatever All That Silliness Was” on Saturday could keep AP busy for a month of Sundays. “Millions of liberals’ heads exploding” is “the smell of napalm in the morning” to Pierce.

Since AP and I are both merchants in Chaos and Human Foolishness, our respective markets are bountifully over-flowing. Ya think?

But I gotta post something because…. well just because. So lets go with a potpourri column. You guys always like those.

Becoming A Minimal Zealot…

Recall that recent column about “decrapitization of our attic”? While bathing in the rejuvenating after-glow of that cleansing experience, I decided to Minmalismlearn more about “minimizing” by reading (listening to) one of many (who knew?) books about “the Minimalist Lifestyle”. …. I am now in the early stages of minimal zealotry. If you know any vegans, cross-fitters, AmWayers or Scientologists… you know how scary “zealots” can be.

Kid/Emily is also a minimalist convert. But Blondie must less so. Since Kid is in far-away MadWiscy and Blondie is “here”, I must practice my new all-consuming passion carefully a/k/a “keep my hands off HER stuff”. …..More later… or should I say “More about Less later”?
##

The World’s Shortest G.O.A.T.

Was Aaron Rodgers’ reign as Greatest QB of All Time the shortest ever? William McKinley was POTUS longer than Rodgers was the G.O.A.T.

If Matt Ryan leads Atlanta to a win will TO’B be the first college HC to have developed Two Super Bowl Winning QBs – Ryan and Russell?

Last week GB v Dallas game was “one for the ages” but these last two were “snoozers” so now all the pundits are debating “how to improve the NFL ASAP?” One suggestion I would make is remove Lady GaGa as the halftime act at The Super Bowl. This celebrity-skank has been asked not to do a Trump-rant but she most certainly will and by so doing drive away what’s left of the 50% of America that started leaving The NFL after Kaepernick’s antics.

If New England wins will Everyone Least Favorite Pro Sports Commissioner – Roger Goodell even appear on stage with Bob Kraft and Tom Brady?
##

Another Dominican Ballplayer Death

I’ve never been to the Dominican Republic but it surely leads the Caribbean in number of MLB players killed in car accidents. The KC Royals pitcher – Ventura joins the Cardinals’ phenom – Taveras as off-season fatalities. No report yet if alcohol / drug-related. More often than not these things do have a drug / alcohol component. …. sigh.

As with any celebrity tragic death… it (tragic death) only happens with “wonderful human beings who were much loved by all who knew them”. Perhaps one cure for leveling the playing field in this increasingly maddening world is for a-holes and jackasses to start dying ??
##

State Beats Duke In Cameron…. AGAIN

I guess Gott cooled his seat off last night, huh. Did you know that “a Jeff Capel-coached Duke team” has NEVER beaten NC State EVER in recorded history…. Not once. That losing streak is now at “one”. The last Duke coach to lose to NCSU at Cameron was Pete Gaudet.

Was this the first time EVER that NC State has (1) lost to Wake Forest at home; then (2) beaten Duke in Cameron within a 48-hour period? I’m beating it is.
##

What YOU See on Social Media

I had this Twitter discussion with a socio-political adversary earlier today… how many people across the political spectrum thinks everyone else sees the same Twitter / Facebook feed they see. They DON’T of course.…. Ergo since most folks follow/friend like-minds, they assume EVERYONE “out there” shares their opinion on stuff.

Pierce had a great commentary on Friday – Why Liberals Follow Celebrity Deities… but Not-Liberals are convinced NOBODY Cares what Meryl, Michael, Rosie, Ashley, Madonna Say …. If that were the case there are a LOT of Nobodies out there, aren’t there?
##

ECU… DO NOT Expand Dowdy-Ficklin … DON’T

My spies Downeast tell me the ECU Fat Cats & Friends are seriously considering expanding Dowdy-Ficklin Stadium including, of course, the usual “luxury suites”.  I’m going ON RECORD saying that is a REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA. ECU Stadium

My warning has nothing to do with the well-known enthusiastic PirateNation fanbase.  You have GREAT fans.  Nor does it have anything to do with an unproven Scottie Montgomery.  I would say DON’T if you had hired a Saban/Bilichek clone.

For all but a handful of Real Juggernaut programs – maybe a dozen across the country, adding seats to your football stadium is like going to Best Buy and buying up all their floppy disks and i-Phone-5s.  The Bigger and Bigger Stadium Era is OVER!

Wannaspend $$$… spend it to increase the comfort and “being there” experience for existing fans.   Renumber your seats, expanding the seat widths from 18″ to 24″ …. up your Wi-Fi capability …. you already have a fine tailgate environment PLUS those mighty fine coeds.  Concentrate on “fan comfort” features – restrooms, concessions (lower your prices!).  Hellfire… add  some Dabo-crap for recruits.  DO NOT EXPAND THE STADIUM.

Yeah, I know your ego demands “a Bigger Stadium”.  Did some semi-literate 17 y/o galoot from Beaulaville say “I wantsa to play in front of 70,000 fans” so now you do something stoopid? …. like fire Ruffin McNeil?  I digress.

Sure… you’ll probably do it any way…. and I’ll be here to say – I TOLD YOU SO.

##

Emerald Isle Converts

In addition to my afore-mentioned Minimalist zealotry, I may be developing an Emerald Isle (EI) zealotry too. I’ve been an Atlantic Beach / Morehead- Emerald Islekinda guy since forever; but we tried a long weekend at EI last weekend…. and have found ourselves a new “beach retreat”. Same island / same ocean but just the right amount of civilization for our tastes. We are already planning our next EI getaway.

Somewhat related… A friend with connections recently offered us a FREE Long Weekend at Bald Head Island… and we politely declined. Bald Head is just too remote for our tastes. We just hunker down in our oceanfront duplex/condo rental and “look at /listen to the ocean” while “saving humanity from itself one commentary at a time” but we like it….
##

OK…. Now back to polishing up the next BobLee Classic ….

##

• Dale Manning Reply

I think the amphibious faux pas by Charles Shackleford was actually spoken during a 60 Minute interview with Morley Shafer, several days after “Shack” had made a pivotal shot ina win over UNC. This was during the late stages of the Coach V era when some of the questionable actions of team members were being disclosed. The interview was held in a small room somewhere on campus and included Chris Corcianni and one other player whose name I cannot recall. What I do recall is when the infamous line was made, Corcianni literally fell off the bench/couch on which he sat. No sir, Bob. This actually happened.

Two questions Dale… (1) why did you place this in the “ECU” column? …. (2) why would Morley Safer ever be interviewing Charles Shackleford? I am fine with “it actually happened” and whether or not “Shack” knew he was malapropizing (?) when he said it, and fully intended it as “a joke”. The story IMO is that it became such a benchmark in the State v UNC hate-fest for 30 years and counting. … how often “rival fans” have thrown it in the faces of State fans … how “fingernails n a blackboard” the word has become to so many State fans…

• Frank Underwood Reply

Probably should have checked with The Godfather before you laid the Smackdown on ole ECTC!

I gave ECTC more compliments in those several paragraphs than anyone west of I-95 has EVER paid them. I was only warning the Fat Cats not to do something stoopid. If we are thinking about the same “Godfather”, he called me 8 minutes after I posted the column. 🙂
      I did so well aware that PirateNation has a notorious faction of hard-core raging loonies chained up in the basement of Minges Coliseum. Those among’em who can read are easily “riled up”. 🙂

• Frank Underwood Reply

Your beef is not with me, maybe you can come to B’s soon and kiss the ring and all will be right in the world again 😄

Ahhh, he’s still in a tizzy because they recently changed the locks on the Governor’s Mansion. He’ll get over it… eventually…. maybe 🙂
          Hey… tell him AgentPierce is going to be on Chad Adams radio show tomorrow (Thurs) AM at 9:30. Its “sweeps week” and Chad needs a ratings spike.

• thailand Reply

I remember a group of condos called The Sand Pebbles at Emerald Isle where my family stayed a week for a few summers. We, since my Kinston days, had always stayed at a friend’s cottage on the third road back from the beach every August, until the cottage was sold.

Loved dear old Morehead and Atlantic Beach and Emerald Isle. On a trip back in 2013 I ventured down to the coast–Atlantic Beach is really built up now, and my favorite fishing spot, the Iron Steamer Pier is no more (hurricane). Emerald Isle is a really pretty part of the planet. Dad used to take us over to Swansboro to Captain Charlie’s for seafood (particularly soft-shelled crab). Remember Wednesday’s special– conch stew (not chowder) at Captain Bill’s (beside Tony’s) in Morehead.

Thick Scottish brogue at Salterpath.

Remember fish stew cooking in a large iron kettle in our backyard on Holman Street in Kinston….Not sure why, but the fish stew culture did not follow us to Raleigh. Remember in Kinston we used to go down to the Neuse and take large shad from fishermen’s nets for the stew, the shad row an important ingredient.

Great memory of my dad and my brother and me way out on an Emerald Isle sandbar casting our fishing lines out into that dark blue surf. Mom at the Sanitary Seafood Market as a contingency 🙂

State beat Duke? 

My dad and I were Triple Ess pier people. It’s gone now as is The Sportsman -“Not the longest but the Best”. I think there are only three left on the island. Had many a Sunday dinner at Tony’s as a boy … but Blondie is not a fan of Calabash style. …. wonder if they still use Seahawk lures to catch “blues” ???
      There is a restaurant at EI (The Trading Post) that makes Fish Stew fresh every day… don’t know if they make it in a 55 gal drum out back and stir it wth a canoe paddle, or not. But it is spicy and tasty and great when “sopping” with a slice of Wonder Bread.

• thailand Reply

Watching those blues flashing and tearing after a darting seahawk from the railing of any of those piers was thrilling, especially when a large King closed in from behind.

Thai soup equivalent to NC fish stew is tom yum plah…..spicy with large fish chunks and tomato based with lemon grass and ginger and chili. Good, but just not the same 🙁

Good old Wonder Bread. Difficult to spread Peter Pan Crunchy or Philadelphia Cream Cheese w/o tearing. Must have eaten a billion baloney and mayo on Wonder Bread.

From Pattaya
        Thailand
        Politics and sports galore…..I’m now a Nationals fan and baseball is just around the corner.
        Frat brother Elliott may have a good State team this year

Actually I was more of a Merita guy… Lone Ranger’s sponsor.
          Trea could be the next Wheaties BoxTop Poster Boy of MLB. Only hindrance could be the DC market is not NYC /LA / Chicago.

Thailand brought some great memories of AB and Morehead too and add Topsail Island surf fishing and Barnacle Bill’s Pier in Surf City with my dad in my youth before we moved to Kinston. Surf City was dad’s favorite fishing spot. He preferred surf fishing. Pier of surf didn’t matter to me as long as I was fishing with my daddy. In the early 60’s my uncle built a cottage in Emerald Isle. There were only 3 or 4 other dwellings between his cottage and the Emerald Isle Pier. Almost 2 miles. Not that way today by a long shot.

Thailand, BTW I traveled for work to Thailand many times. Mostly to Chiang Mai and Bangkok but sadly never to the Thai Riviera. Beautiful country and some of the friendliest people of anywhere I’ve ever been.

You two “passed in the night in Kinston”. Thai grew up there in early years before leaving / Doug arrived in high school years. Me, I was always there.
        About ten years ago I did this “incredibly insightful column” on Pier Fishing w/ My Dad …. It’s A CLASSIC

• thailand Reply

Ought to run that column out periodically, especially when the loonies in sports and politics are serving up their own spicy broth….Fishing with dad and drums of Eastern NC fish stew will easily “Trump” their spew 🙂

TOTALLY AGREE! I have about a dozen “of those” in the archives. Agree they are a breath of fresh air to the daily “rage & rant”.

• thailand Reply

Hey Doug,
        I usually spend a month or two each year in Chiang Mai. Oddly, my good friend from Pine Knolls Shore retired there–small world. And Bangkok to me is one of the great cities of the world–and that Sky Train zips over the motor traffic effortlessly.

A few years ago my cub scout buddy (now a sports writer) turned me on to BobLee–an N&O guy recommending BobLee? Yikes!

Dad days were the best. 🙂

Thailand

… and then you brought in Coder. One by one BLSays permeates every nook & cranny from Bangkok to Burgaw… from Melbourne to Mebane … 🙂

I went to Chiang Mai buy Thai tobacco and Bangkok to sell US tobacco. Many tobacco guys live there permanently. A good many come from southern Africa (Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi) and the UK. Sadly, about a year ago a good friend living there, Roy Teague, and former colleague in the business died suddenly leisurely bike riding with his family. RIP Roy. One of my most vivid memories is playing 27 holes of golf there on a Typical 100º muggy Thai day. We were in shorts. The caddies were tiny females, wearing long pants, long sleeve shirts, jackets, faces covered with scarves, and wearing those wide brimmed rice paddy hats, carrying those heavy clubs all day long.

• Doug

Oh I forgot. You haven’t lived unless you take a tuk tuk to Neil’s Tavern in Bangkok. Then off to the Patpong night market, finished off by a night cap and some live entertainment there. Never seen anything like it anywhere. As Forest Gump said, that’s all I have to say about that. :-/

• Mark Reply

First you could at least spell FICKLEN right.

Then you could read the points of the release that actually outline very much what you suggested… enhancements.

FROM THE OFFICIAL RELEASE:

-Construction of a southside tower resulting in the creation of 1,000 premium seats through the addition of a new Club Level, Loge Boxes, Standard Suites and Founder’s Suites …
    -Game day experience enhancement with a new Pirate Club Level, -Field Level Club and premium parking spaces …
    -A modern press level with additional space for media, including amended radio and television broadcast and production locations …
    -Improvements to the Ward Sports Medicine Building and Scales Field House to provide needed functional space for student-athletes …

Then the enhanced tailgate lot which wasn’t included above.

Actually researching the plan, you would have found the plan very much matches your ideas of enhancements.

Then we are in agreement; and ECU is moving in the right direction with their stadium upgrades. 🙂

• wolfdon Reply

My wife passed away last year after 55 years of marriage most of which we spent at EI for a week or two during the summer. My son and I were reminiscing recently and he reminded me that there were two days each year that he knew to avoid his mom ……the day she had to leave EI and the day we had to take down the Christmas tree.

Our attachment w/ EI has not reached that level… yet; but we did begin the journey. Blondie loves to take sunrise/sunset pictures and send to friends. There is always confusion over the East / West location of “Bogue Banks”. Over many years of visiting the AB area, I never knew about the large sand beach area on the western-most tip of the island… VERY COOL! 😉

The best recent thing I’ve seen on social media is #NotMySuperBowl. Something like “I do not accept the results of the Falcons-Packers game and will not support the Falcons. I’m requesting for the game to be replayed………..”

It’s a new day in America. Best protest sign seen at the women’s march. “I’m so mad I made a sign.” Most offensive. “Keep you tiny orange hands off my country” with an “alternative” spelling of country. Use your imagination. 😒

ECU definitely needs a new press box. The current box reminds one of a single wide 40′ shipping container with a few holes cut out for windows. A few finishing touches on the facade underneath the stadium is needed as well but I’ll never go see it as long as the 4K-HD works.

Media Day/Week at The LI Super Bowl is going to be 24/7 non-stop hassling of Tom Brady and Bob Kraft about their friendship with DT.
      Nothing about the She-Crazies On Parade surprised me. “Those people” are totally predictable… have been for many years.

• EI.Guy Reply

Can I assume you have checked out The Trading Post at EI? … and Flipperz?

Absolutely for several breakfasts and two lunches. FISH STEW is a permanent menu item… YUM! Did not get to Flipperz but understand both are owned by same folks. I even liked the Emerald Isle Grill which I understand gets mixed reviews…. as a greasy spoon. Obviously we were there off-season so no crowds AT ALL which we prefer. EI seems “developed” just enough for what we prefer.

• AlphaWolf Reply

The funding at Reynolds was $20,000,000 Wolfpack Club (private) and $15,000,000 University (public). Reynolds has ROTC and classrooms and other spaces which belong to, and are used by the University not the Athletic Department. Interestingly, the original drawings for Reynolds are titled “ARMORY”, Hmmm, a funding method..perhaps. 🙂

Thanks. It is a very impressive / well done facility that Wolfpackers should be proud of.

• 4dapir8s Reply

BL, even you do not understand your level of astuteness. The plans for the stadium actually come close to your suggestions. The $55 million project proposed for ECU will add about 1000 seats in club level boxes and suites. Of course, you have to please the fat cats that finance the project. However, a marketing and financial feasibility study several years ago (including a survey of Pirate Club members and fans) concluded that a 60,000 seat, or larger, stadium was not in the best interest of the university in this age of big-screen TV and increasing ticket prices. Other than the suites, a large part of the project will be replacing the the press box with a new, modern, and larger facility. The existing one is antiquated and way past due for replacement. There will also be upgrades in the Ward Sports Medicine and Scales Fields House buildings. This will benefit the staff as well as the athletes. A new hitting facility well be developed for the baseball and softball teams as well. The fans will enjoy a new paved parking area complete with electrical connections, cable tv hookups, and new rest room facilities. Most fans that I know do not think that attempting to compete with the “juggernaut teams” is practical and that this is a more reasonable approach. This is a much more sensible expenditure of funds. BTW…keep up the good work….

Uh Oh !!! Don’t EVER tell “a wise guy with his own website” that he is astute. Such a compliment fuels us for 3-4 years.
      Those upgrades sound logical and mindful of the cultural changes affecting college football. Must be some “clear minds”among the ECU Elite. 🙂

• PurplePride Reply

Everything you say about the trends in college Football is consistent with what I’ve been hearing for several years. On-site attendance cannot compete with flat screen TVs and instant replay. I see people come to tailgate but never go into the stadium choosing to watch the game from RV TVs. … That said, I’m sure you will catch hell from some of our most overly-caffeinated Pirates. 🙂

HA! NOT hearing from at least one knee-jerking Pirate loonie would be as rare as visiting the ECU campus and not seeing those famous coeds.

• Robert Kennel Reply

BL,
    I’m becoming a word minimalist 😎
    – Enjoyable Duke game last night especially watching Duke fans’ and Allen’s body language. Gottfried should have his father at every game.
    – Reynold’s modifications had a minimalist direction. Fewer seats, greater comfort, historical content.
    – AP shouldn’t get too giddy since the Trump personality might well lead to unintended international issues and domestic policy overreach.
    – Finally, Emerald Isle is getting conglomerated. Should come down to Kennel’s Beach for ultimate minimalization (and lower costs). And traffic getting there is so much easier 🤓
    Go Pack !

Games in New Old Reynolds (and in New Old Carmichael) are a bazillion times “better” than giant Hindenburg Hangars buildings like DDome and PNC. I saw somewhere recently that “experts” have agreed that 15,000 is about the capacity limit before diminishing returns on size. The one time I was at Lawrence Joel in W-Salem I would agree.
      As for being a word minimalist… you are not the avid State fan commentor that would be most folks’ choice for minimalizing. 🙂
      Sooo… many have been asking me if you were among the 17,000+ on Fayetteville Street on Saturday and is there a picture of you in one of those little pink p-caps? I have been saying I bet you were in PNC at the WFU game… ??
      We prefer an oceanfront view with the sound of rolling waves… but I’m sure K-Beach is nice. 🙂

Note length of earlier post. NY Resolution for brevity

Do whatever suits you. If you change too much it might upset this delicate eco-system. 😉

• NCSU68Grad

Good Advice….I would hate to OUT TRUMP….TRUMP. Keep Pecking….
            Paraphrasing Carole Bradshaw (Meg Ryan’s character or Goose’s wife in Top Gun)….”There are Liberal heads exploding all over the world today and unless you are a fool, you know that Donald Trump is 100% Prime Time in love with the USA….”

• knothead Reply

This goes along with the observation that the best parties are in places that are too small for them. When the party nor event moves to a bigger place, the event/party seems to lose it’s energy.

see: Reynolds vs RBC, Carmichael vs Dean Dome

regards: knothead

Exactly. Diminished capacity = greater urgency to purchase tics / greater value per tic… greater prior to day-of-game purchases.

• robedixon Reply

You got in a twofer here when it comes to pissing off certain groups. First off is Pirate Nation which you of course have already mentioned. Secondly is the Beaulaville group who I personally know a good number and they will not take kindly to your thinking there is one single semi-literate in the bunch. Duplin County people will likely not take this sitting down either. So my advice is if your route to your newfound paradise on EI is via Beaulaville is to make sure you are safely under the 35 MPH while driving through town and do not stop to pee there. One can expect your picture is already posted on the high school bulletin board and on several power polls as Wanted.

I used Chocowinity once in a similar example and was promptly chastised by the Choco Chamber of Commerce … who knew?

… and one more thing. My “suggestion” has NADA to do with the funding of any facility whether it is tax-payers or boosters et al. I have NEVER been in favor of tax-payers subsidizing ANY sports facility college or pro including that absurd $1,000,000/year forever “maintenance scam” with Dean’s Dome.
    I may be mistaken… but I believe NCSU’s recent upgrading of Reynolds Coliseum was ALL private donations. If ECU’s proposal is all private $$$ or not, I simply think “expansion” is not the best use of $$$ wherever it comes from.

OK… before the Death Squads from PirateNation are dispatched to my cul-de-sac…. my “advice” NOT to add seats to D-F has NOTHING to do with competing with NCSU or UNC in any way. Or any silly 75 year history of repressing “ECTC”. Hopefully we are all beyond that crap.
    Spend $$$ however you want to from whatever sources it comes from. Improve your facilities however you please. It is Your School. I’m saying investing in improving the existing facility (D-F Stadium) may be a wiser use of your $$$ than “adding seats” if indeed that is the decision. …. Diminishing on-site attendance is a reality in 95% of college stadiums due to a combination of socio-techno factors. ECU has a long history of a very loyal fan base (as compared to UNCCH’s aluminum fans, etc). Concentrate on retaining your current Saturday attendance by addressing those factors that are causing more and more long time fans across America to “stay home” and watch the games on TV. It is a real problem for the NFL too.
    I noted the simple matter of increasing the width of seats in the bleacher stands from 18″ to “24” thereby increasing the comfort of current fans …. up the Wi-Fi capability within the stadium. etc etc etc.
    UNCCH should IMO eliminate 10,000 of Kenan’s existing seats by seat widening or simply removing seats.
    This is a fascinating subject that merits longer study and debate. FWIW… I think all four NC’s ACC schools should all be required to schedule ECU in FB (and baseball) every year in some rotation schedule. I have even proposed ECU as a logical ACC member in the past.
    Call off the freakin’ “death squads”!

• WilsonPirate Reply

The ECU upgrade will only add 1K of seats, The major reason is to upgrade the “mobile home on stilts” that has been the press box for too long. (Got to keep the TV guys happy since they call the shots) and yes they will add sky boxes for the fat cats, but hopefully they will pay enough to cover that cost.

If that IS the case – only 1,000 new seats – I back off from the “dire” of my warning. I AM in favor of upgrading the current fan on-site experience for reasons already mentioned.

• Hill from Wilmington Reply

Kenan needs to expand the general concourse and restroom area so one can move freely about during halftime and not spend the entire duration of halftime in line waiting for the bathroom. But wait BobLee, that means a tree (or 50) would have to be cut down. Heavens no! I’m calling Trump so a deal will get done!!!!

There are some very restrictive construction issues with Kenan well beyond the precious “lofty pines”. I DO have a few suggestions they could implement to improve their Fan Experience. They know how to reach me. 🙂

Interesting potpourri, BL,

AP may need steroids and counseling. There is much a foot that is driving the anti Limbaugh crowd bonkers. The lard for brains is trending. The idiot DNC official that launched the White People got to learn to keep their Fat White mouths shut probably won’t be retweeted by Laura Leslie or be Lester Holt’s lead story.
    Les Robinson’s 1 & 0 in Cameron against Pete Gaudet. Gottfried is matching that with Capel. Near as I can remember, Jimmy V was last NCSU coach to whip Duke & Coach K in Cameron
    Emerald isle is our primary Beach destination. We love it. Been going to the Holiday Travel Park since 1981. Take the Hammock State Park Wednesday tour sometime. Great scenery & history lesson.

AP is about to launch a Dresden-style bombing on “them”. I’m jealous. He gets all the really really crazy stuff to write about.
      We are sampling various oceanfront rentals at EI to find THE PERFECT ONE.