Now What ???

Crossing THe Rubicon2
September15/ 2016

OK… The vaunted and much denigrated NCAA has done what we all knew they would do – punish The State of North Carolina by removing all its championship games from North Carolina venues. Take THAT all you deplorably eeevil “..ists” and “..ophobes” in North Carolina.

Little Johnny Swofford’s ACC immediately did its “we too” – that we all knew they would do too – further punishing The State of North Carolina by removing all its championship games from in-state venues. Yeah… “whatever the NCAA said, we say that too…. All you deplorably eeeevil “..ists” and “..ophobes” many of whom are Fat Cats and fans of our member institutions.”Cross The Rubicon

The NCAA and ACC have now Crossed The Rubicon …. declaring themselves to be politically-partisan social-activists who will employ their “muscle” in bullying their member institutions to advance controversial causes.  Yeeeee Ha!  Hang On Sloopy!  The LGBT Gang now have dog collars on the NCAA and ACC and everyone knows it…. and, of course, ESPN & John Skipper (UNC’75).

So now what?

I DID wake up to a different world today (Thursday) from the one I woke up to the day before (on Wednesday).  Because we were at “da beach” for several days, returning Wednesday. Ergo, I woke up Thursday back at BLSays World HQ.  The first Thursday EVER with no NCAA or ACC championships scheduled for my home state. Not quite how I felt on Sept 12, 2001…. “with no World Trade Center.”

Brief Aside: This was our first experience with the much ballyhooed New Goldsboro By-pass of Hwy 70 which I have officially nicknamed “The Available By-pass”. A billboard company has erected A WHOLE LOT of new outdoor advertising structures along that 20-mile corridor all currently saying AVAILABLE with a phone # to call to purchase any/all those billboards to advertise your product, service or political candidacy one can assume. This corridor begins (if one is going from Raleigh to da beach) around Princeton and comes out around LaGrange. Good-by Wilbers, McCall and Shorty’s Army-Navy store in LaGrange.

The time saving for what was a three-hour trip now with ZERO stoplights versus the umpteGoldsboro Bypassen stoplights on the old Goldsboro by-pass is approximately 10-12 minutes depending on your luck with those umpteen lights. I am not sure yet what I am going to do with those 10-12 saved minutes. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

NCDOT’s Master Plan for “Super 70” includes similar outer loop by-passes around Kinston and Havelock over the next 10-15 years.  I don’t know if a bullet-train was ever considered as an option between Raleigh and “da beach” rather than more and more by-passes.

If I am still fogging mirrors in 15 years, I assume my total time-savings will be in the 30-45 minutes range. The mind reels as I consider what I can do with all those saved minutes….

As of this posting around noonish on Thursday the North Carolina General Assembly (NCGA) has NOT called a special session to revoke HB2…. hopefully thereby restoring some semblance of order to a state in full discombobulation from losing all those afore-mentioned championships. Reports of how many hysterical board monkeys’ heads have exploded over the past 48 hours are incomplete. Early estimates are in the dozens.

NCGA

This is the “lair” of The NC General Assembly for those of you who have no clue about it other than that “the media” despises it.  It is on Jones Street in Downtown Raleigh.

The “pajama boys” with area and national sports media, as reported earlier, are comparing events of the past 48 hours to Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Johnstown post-flood. Members of The NCGA (at least those NOT of the radical left-wing faction) are being villified, defiled and called all manner of obscene names by all manner of obscene name-callers… spurred on by said “pajama boys” and vapid “info babes”.

A report that WRAL’s Jim Goodmon – a/k/a “The Triangle #1 Limo Liberal” – held a Swofford press conference Watch Party / Celebration at his ITB mansion are unconfirmed.  Jim was seen dancing a jig on his front lawn however.

Comparisons to other historic state-wide tragedies such as “the death of Andy Griffith” and “closing the racetrack at North Wilkesboro” are sporadic.

Let me state, restate and re-restate that I am NOT a universal fan of all things Republican NCGA. Far fTim Moorerom it. Yes, I do have friends among that much-maligned assemblage. There are also those I loathe and wish many bad tidings upon. House Speaker “Tiny Tim” Moore and his spoonfull of quite nefarious inner-circle cronies are prominent among the latter.

IF “Tiny Tim” is somehow reelected as House Speaker my overall opinion of any of those who vote for him will be strongly negative.

Unlike some (who often post comments here… wink, wink), I do NOT Worship ANY politicians. I consider politics and politicians and “government” to be necessary evils to keep society at least one small step from total anarchy. As a group I rank Republican politicians only one thin level from “the worst”. The worst, IMO, being Democratic politicians. You are free, as always, to disagree.

In Retrospect i.e. “Hindsight”…. “Retrospect” by the way, is a wonderful place to dwell. It makes Lake Woebegone look like South Central LA by comparison. The sun always shines in Retrospect. All the women are lovely and all the children way above average. …. In Retrospect, HB2 coulda / shoulda / oughta been much much tighter and Totally Specific to the Quite Unconstitutional Aspects of The Charlotte Ordinance.

Had HB2 only addressed the unconstitutional aspects of The Charlotte Ordinance, and not wandered off into all sorts of  “lets really nail those Sodomites, Lesbians and whatever the heck a TransWhozit is” would North Carolina now be dealing with what we are now dealing with?  Yes…. and No.

Yes… I know those “pajama boys” and “info babes” have not mentioned the Unconstitutionality of The Charlotte Ordinance because they only know and report that which fits their agenda. Anyhooo….

A quite over-zealous Legislature, under a perceived time crunch back in late March, went “froggy” as legislatures often do.   How the NCGA might “unfroggy” itself from HB2 is a Gordian Knot conundrum I am unqualified to answer.

If Pat McCrory and the NCGA doesn’t even try to put the HB2 toothpaste back in the tube, what’s the next Take That “plague” that will befall “us”?…. engineered by the quite ruthless LGBT Gender Terrorists?

NOTE:  If you think for a nano-second that this latest NCAA / ACC stuff was The LGBT Gender Terrorists’ End-Game…. Boy, are you soooo mistaken. Their ultimate objective is soooo much more destructive. “They” have a strategy and the financial wherewithall that Civil Rights activists and Eco-Terrorists never dreamed of. We ain’t seen NOTHING yet and it has nothing to do with appendages and orifices and the creative and recreational uses there of….

At this point does anyone really care if Little Johnny Swofford calls Two Guys & A Truck and moves The ACC HQ to either ACC HQRock Hill SC or Roanoke VA…. Or maybe Applachicola FL or wherever? Some leasing agent at Grandover gets a new listing and the “We Hate Republicans” media will claim GAZILLIONS of dollars lost for Greensboro, but that’s about all.

I am so hoping UNCCH’s “Chihuahua and Bubba” will make all Kenan Stadium and Dean’s Dome rest rooms Gender Neutral. Don’t you? They “talk the talk” about being soooo “Inclusive”. Lets see if they “walk the walk”. …. And surely Coach K has the muscle to do likewise with rest rooms at Cameron Indoor and The Wally. …. All of The Above can be done immediately. Wonder if the local “outraged pajama boys” will take up that project ???  “Not” is the safe bet.

Personally, I am no more embarrassed by All This HB2 Hoopla than I am by Bill Barber’s Hoot & Hate Sideshows …. Or Jesse Helms …. Or NASCAR …. Or Mayberry …. Or McClatchy’s failing newspapers …. Or UNCCH’s TGU and daily absurdum …. Or Duke Lacrosse Scandal …. Or John Edwards & Rielle …. Or Gene Nichol …. Or Bev “Dumping” Perdue …. Or Spivey’s Corner’s Hollerin’ Contest …. Or WIDESPREAD PANIC at any reports of “snow” …. OR, well, you get the idea.

If Any / All of the Above “embarrass” you to any gut-wrenching degree; then Delta Is Ready When You Are. If those too embarrassed to stay in NC do leave (they won’t), I might save another five minutes on future trips to “da beach”.

This is NOT our last word on all this.  But you probably figured that out already.

Oh…. I have confirmed that the UNC FB “rape suspect” is by all accounts – “a good kid”. Which does not mean he didn’t “do it” at all. But he is NOT “just another thug-alete” as many of you might assume or hope. …. I see YET ANOTHER Six-figure Plus civil suit pay-out coming for The University of The People.

BUT WAIT

LINK

• Dr Wire Reply

LJSwofford wet his thumb and felt the leftward winds heading our way from SF via the money of SalesForce CEO. Must have figured the mysterious forces of the social justice movement were greater than respect for a loyal fan base. Then again he has taken the Crown Jewel to Brooklyn and makes more off TV than butts in the seats on the Olypic non revenue sports, baseball & football. Let the spiral of ambivalence move again to another level as fans will speak with their billfolds or purses whether they support his decision. He may need to call the CIAA to get pointers on how to squeeze money out municipalities to host his poorly attended events.

Oh by the way, Salesforce continues to actively pursue business in NC while its CEO twist the arms of Bruce, Ringo and others to stay away. I guess our money is not too dirty for Marc Benioff.

Raleigh has an ordinance on its books saying its a crime for a person to use the water closet of the opposite sex. It is seldom enforced unless needed to add to the odds of removing a true deviant from the population. You can bet Raleigh would have followed Charlotte’s lead if HB2 was not in place.

IMO… the blowback from area ACC fans to Swofford’s political cave-in might be much slower than one might think. Die-hard fans will come up with all sorts of excuses to overlook it. Same with the NFL. In the Bread & Circus Sweepstakes, fans are reluctant to give up their “circus”. … yes, Raleigh (and GSBO and, of course Chapelboro & Asheville) would have “me too-ed” ASAP… and without giving voters a voice.

• Dr Wire Reply

The response from the ACC fan base will be like “slowly boiling a frog”. Like Nascar, there will be a report down range saying attendance is down which has been discussed here many times. This will be another “excuse” to some, but could easily be like Fedora’s prediction about hiring Beckman and “be much about nothing” in another week.

Any rumors out there about timing of this decision being an attempt to distract attention from the 4 part Dan Kane TGU series?

Timing vs Damn Dan’s Series ??? No, I don’t think there’s the slightest connection. … Remember the ACC fans not on Tobacco Row could care less… and a % of TobRoad fans are not fans of NCGA. I could be wrong… and hope I am. Look for both NCAA and ACC to amp UP their partisan political efforts. The LGBTQ now have their claws into them and will be squeezing them on other issues. THAt is a For Sure.

• Dr Wire

Thought you may know if anyone knows:

Did you see any reporting about a vote by the ACC University Presidents to direct Swofford on penalizing NC?

If so, did the call for a vote start with Swofford or from the normal “committee” recommendation?

Have NOT seen anything like that… but I don’t frequent “that sort of media”. I have wondered when / if the other “member institutions” might get around to expressing their displeasure at all things TGU. It’s about time. Cannot imagine Little Johnny being at all enthused to do any such thing.

• Dr Wire

Sorry about the poorly written question.

Did Presidents vote to pull ACC Championships from NC to penalize the state for HB2?

Yes. It was ramrodded by the Pres of Georgia Tech who the day before had ramrodded the NCAA decision to pull their events. He is Chr of the NCAA Board of Governors.

• Dr Wire

Sorry about the poorly written question on the first attempt. If I read your answer correctly, you read my “punish NC” as a TGU vote. What was trying to ask was:

Yes. It was all ramrodded by the Pres of Georgia Tech.

• Curious.George Reply

Count me among the 25 or so that does “get” Crossing The Rubicon. I’m sure it had millennials scurrying for a Thesaurus (at least those who have a clue who Roget was). And I agree this week’s unprecedented vindictive bullying actions by NCAA / ACC have forever altered the sports / political landscape. That said, how will mainstream “Joe Fan” – “Joe Citizen” react ?

Well Curious, a great question. “Joe Fan” will try desperately to compartmentalize all this so he can continue his vicarious addiction to “his team”. Just as he is doing with the National Anthem crap. The last thing he wants to “have to” do is give up / boycott “his team” over a principle. So he’ll blame Swofford or Emmertt or The NCGA or whoever as long as he can. Deflecting responsibility from “his school” and “his team”. … Eventually as all this escalates (and it most assuredly will) that Principle vs Addiction choice will have to be made…. but not This Week.

“Joe Citizen” has already chosen Principle because Joe Citizen is not addicted to “his circus” (as in “just give me my Bread & Circus”). The LGBT Gender Terrorists Gang will move on to the next target in their strategy to Obliterate The Moral Fibre of America. Don’t bet against them achieving that goal. This is NOT just a bunch of (insert one’s favorite insulting term for homosexuals). THIS is an incredibly well-organized and well-funded terrorist organization.

• David Reply

Bob Lee:

This may not be the time of place for a subject change, but I could sure use a break from the “PC Insanity” that’s plaguing our nation….Help me, Hey-Zeus”….How have the nut-jobs ceased so much control ?

Do you think that Harper Cooper will approve of the re-incarnated Kinston Eagles being called the “Down East Ham Hawks” ?

Grainger Field truly is historic and I feel the “Kinston” still has a lot of “name recogniztion” and “brand value”.

“Down East” just seems too contrived and too gimmicky….I like a simple “Kinston” for a point of geographical reference,

David

I learned of that Brouhaha this AM. Going with a regional name is a popular marking “gimmick” that small market teams have been using for some time. Steve Bryant did it with the Carolina Mudcats. The Hurricanes and Panthers both do it. Heck, “The Patriots” do it with New England. While Kinstonians might take offense at sharing “their team”, the ownership is hoping fans within a 50-mile radius will feel a sense of fan ownership. I think “Harper” would understand, but maybe not. My advice is to just be glad Kinston has Baseball back in Grainger Stadium. If the Down East name draws a few 100s more fans each night, theres a better chance the team will stay awhile.
      Ham Hawks IS pretty stupid.

• David Reply

Fair enough 🙂

While I’ve been to a few games at Grainger, I’m not a local……..If the good people of Kinston are OK with it, I certainly have no right to object.

I am most happy for Kinston….. Minor League baseball ANYWHERE is always good for the soul.

Agreed!

• JD Reply

I have the answer! Lets play the Championship game in a WOMEN’S BATHROOM to make the perverts happy.

In today’s climate THAT doesn’t sound so crazy. If we agreed to crucify a dozen White Christians at halftime I bet we could sell it.

• RRT Reply

BL, your analysis of these things always contain info I don’t see anywhere else, but always turns out to be spot on. Do you have that great an insider source network or are you just lucky?

Thanks RRT…. I’m “just lucky” to have solid inside sources. 🙂 … On this sort of stuff I simply look past the bright shiney theories that attract the easily attracted a/k/a “the board monkeys” and knee-jerk crowd. Truth almost never resides there. I also avoid the totally predictable mainstream media “pajama boys”.
      re: “Truth”. Never forget that “Truth on the Internet” is usually whatever reaffirms a reader’s preconceived notion. To pull anyone away from their preconceived notion is almost impossible (even for “a Legend”!)

• JP Reply

I wonder when the ACC is going to move its headquarters out of Greensboro? If they are so offended by HB2 it would seem they should move. I will help them pack.

Roanoke or Rock Hill would be easy moves. But alas Johnny seldom asks my opinion. 😅

• Sigmund's Ghost Reply

BL,

Would it not be simpler to just reopen Dix and institutionalize all the LGBT-ers? Prior to the introduction of political correctness in the 80’s the DSM-IV characterized all of these groups as mentally ill deviants. They in fact remain so today. Surely with the research of the Human Geneome Project, coupled with the economic incentives of big pharma; a cure could be found. It is deplorable that since I first wrote about them at the turn of the 20th century, their apparent numbers have increased despite their inability to reproduce. I thought about shock collars, but Pavlov insisted that would just further excite some of them. At this point, what difference does it make with the outcome of HB2?

A somewhat radical proposal; but, hey these are strange times. I confess I am perplexed by the whole gender confusion stuff.

• JDanWuff Reply

As SWMBO and I putted down to Morehead City and back last week, we commented on the “NOW AVAILABLE” signs along the Goldsboro bypass, or interstate 42, as it will be known. Some one is going to get rich off billboard ads or wind up broke as Adam’s cat on this one. Maybe Johnson Lexus will buy a few dozen to compliment the string they run outside Havelock.
    HB2 is going to be fun to watch. SWMBO and her friends are against repeal and are very vocal about it. We have a granddaughter and her grandmother turns she bear to guard her cub.
    Let coach K, ole Roy, and Mike(Mark) step,up,and do the toilet swap. Or not. Time to,fish or cut bait.
    November is gonna be fun.

If a guy named Available was running for office….?

• Blueghost Reply

Question: If the NCAA and ACC are really sincere about punishing the state for HB2, why are they still permitting out-of-state teams come to North Carolina to play regular season games?

Answer: They easily can find out-of-state venues for tournaments with little if any loss of revenue. However, refusing to let out-of-state teams, e.g. Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson… would be a disaster for the conference and the NCAA and both would lose mega-millions of dollars. How do you spell hypocrisy?

That would penalize teams from states not “offending the delicate sensibilities” of NCAA / ACC.

• Blueghost Reply

Perhaps the ACC should pack up and move to another state… a state that doesn’t mind letting its people use the restroom/locker room they prefer on any given day.

That is quite likely to happen. I propose Roanoke VA as a convenient site close to two member institutions.

• dick Reply

Please everyone forgive me for being obtuse, but since I haven’t read all the provisions of HB2, would someone please explain how the bill discriminates against LGBT adherents. It could not be that they are incensed over a statute that requires people of a biological gender to use facilities designed for that gender. I admit ignorance on the matter. I assume a Transgender refers to a man dressed and coiffed as a woman — or can a Transgender dress as a man to appear as a man? Do gay men feel discriminated against for being required to utilize a men’s toilet — this is not sarcasm — do gay men feel threatened? Also, do I assume Lesbians dressed in male attire are not considered Transgenders but they don’t choose to use men’s facilities? Obviously, HB2 has objectionable provisions other than the use of bathrooms. If they’re not too complicated, please enlighten me. The athletic organizations are punishing millions of ordinary citizens who had nothing to do with HB2 — their motive must be powerfully compelling . . . . .

All your various transgendering questions are beyond my knowledge base. I’m pretty sure “Trans” refers to going in either direction from one’s biological beginnings. As for the provisions buried in HB2 that seem to be the basis for all the “it’s not just a bathroom bill”; I think those have to do with legal options for discrimination in the workplace based on one’s gender preferences.
      The Unconstitutional aspect of the Ordinance has to do with other NC municipalities doing business with The City of Charlotte if those other municipalities do not have a similar ordinance in their community. NC Statutes are pretty clear that NC cities cannot “do that” with other NC cities.
      It is VERY important to know that Mayor Roberts & Her Seven Cronies would not allow the Ordinance to be presented to the Charlotte citizens for a public referendum. When Houston went that route their similar ordinance was soundly defeated. EVERYONE I have spoken with in Charlotte about this insists it would have been soundly defeated by Charlottians. When anyone in the media says HB2 is going against what “the citizens of Charlotte wanted” that is one of many out-out lies / misconceptions they have about all this. The LGBT and their sympathizers in the media rely on intimidation and lies to conceal the Truth. It has been a successful strategy in most instances.

• Ed.73 Reply

How many people are employed at Mr Swofford’s ACC HQ? How many of those are gay or transgendered?

I do not know the answer to either question. They are very good questions however. With Mr Swofford caring sooooo very much about tolerance and inclusion I would assume he employs quite a rainbow assortment of employees from all across the ethnic / religious / creed spectrum. Perhaps a media pajama boy could research that. Maybe call Adam & Joe and have them do it.

Well, I first thought that you meant that the ACC had pulled out in front of a special edition Jeep. Maybe that Jeep was NOT of the same “blinging” as its cohorts that came off the same assembly line. BUT, I did read on and realized the literary metaphor. However, I DID do some quick “boning up” on ancient Italian history…

“Alea iacta est” is what Caesar supposedly said the night before he “Crossed”. General Custer was later reported to have uttered something equally memorable when he said…”Those Injuns seemed mighty friendly at last night’s dance”.

If I read the Wiki correctly, I have to differ with you on the “Crossing” date. It was NOT the NCAA/ACC that crossed yesterday. The phrase “crossing the Rubicon” has survived to refer to any individual or group committing itself irrevocably to a risky or revolutionary course of action. I believe that the NCGA & GOV PMcC did that on March 23. It was all done in ONE day. No info as to WHERE they dined the night before and if they uttered the aforementioned phrase (The Die is Cast)….

It is ALSO interesting that there was “revolt” and that 11 Dems “stormed” out of the chamber and were marked as “Excused”. Well, EXCUSE ME, if you were SO opposed to HB2, then WHY NOT STAY AROUND and cast the NO votes. There were NO NO VOTES…..but the AYES were all of the Republican discipline.

According to Wiki, Caesar (not of salad fame) WON the ensuing “Caesars’ Civil War” and therefor was NOT disciplined for the unlawful crossing of the Rubicon. In this case, Caesar (the NCGA and Gov PMcC) WILL be punished…..they seemed to have LOST the civil war. However, you NEVER know.

Little Ms Folt and Big Guy Woodson released a jointer praising the ACC and NCAA, but also saying, they did NOT take away OUR venues since we told the NCGA (and the Gov) to go to the nearest toilet and perform devious acts on themselves.

I wonder….and you are the expert here….if the economy tanks…and it WILL…regardless of WHO is in the WH – whether or not they have full mental capacity. IF the Economy tanks, then WILL the Pro Athletic Associations and the NCAA/ACC suffer the same consequences as NASCAR has.

It is MY opinion that NASCAR deserted its DEPLORABLE fan base and hyped the mega venues in Chicago, Vegas, California, Mexico City, wherever. They ALSO shut down Junior’s shrine in NW and the ROCK in Rockingham. They dissed Darlington and other old and loyal venues. NOW, you have teams selling their paint schemes for about 1/3 to 1/4 of what Home Depot and others paid back in the heyday.

I am about to thumb my nose at any athletic event that does NOT include NCSU (male, female or TG) and just sit it out. My sentiments are echoed by OTHER Deplorables….and we DO pay the bills. There are SOME of my fellow Woofie buddies that have given up their LTR’s in the Champion’s Club this year. They do NOT agree with some of the decisions and they are ardent supporters of NOT defiling the SSB and having an invocation. I do NOT need to ask their opinions on HB2…

Kennel WAS allegedly last seen being escorted out of the UNCG venue with a NCSU towel wrapped around his bottom. HRC picked up the RED logo shorts and supposedly sniffed them….Did she FREEZE or SWOON….YouTube Video will be posted….but do NOT look for it on WRAL…

NASCAR true believers will decry the shutting down of North Wilkesboro long after the last Petty has walked this Earth. How come no one said the same about Riddick Stadium or Devereaux Meadow?
      One can apply The Rubicon to both sides I guess. NCAA / ACC have now created the precedent of applying thuggish bullying tactics for purely political reasons despite how they (and BK) will spin it otherwise. A card laid is a card played…

An incumbent NC Senate Republican made a curious political decision yesterday that, veteran observers are speculating, could end up with her getting absolutely ZERO votes in November. …. She is in Kennel’s district.
    None of his kind were ever going to support her and now she has thoroughly pissed off “her base”. … whoever her “campaign advisor” is will likely not be including her in his resume come November 10.

• AliceJ Reply

How many BLS readers do you think understand your “Crossing The Rubicon” analogy? I do and think it is perfect. Just curious.

If this was a mainstream audience I would guess 5-8% at best. But most BLSays readers attended public school before it was destroyed by “you-know-who” so I’m guessing about 25-30%. Albert will look it up and like it. 🙂

Perhaps Albert will have read my post. I tried to save him time. I had heard the expression, but detailed Italian history was NOT a major push at West Raleigh’s finest.

I guess that BK will tell me that had it NOT been for Al (Invented the Internet and was inspiration for Love Story) Gore, I would not have had such resources. Fortunately, I think that I still have an old set of Encyclopedia Britanica stashed upstairs.

Wiki, despite some issues, IS handy. I agree that SOMEONE crossed the proverbial Rubicon, but I think it was the NCGA and the GOV….OR if you like, it was the NBA, NCAA, ACC, Papa John’s and Dr. Pepper. Being a Diet DP fan, I will write them and share my disdain. I have NOT purchased a Budweiser product since the little BLM and Hands Up incident last year. HMMMMM….the Rams MOVED….did I have any impact on that? You never know….

I also agree that we have NOT seen the last of the emboldened ones. BUT, folks have predicted civil war before…except this time, it will NOT be raced based….but ideological. THAT, as the conspiracists say….is why the Libs want to disarm us and HLS and the IRS and the Dept of Lunch Room Inspectors have purchased 10 million AR-15’s and a Trillion rounds of Deplorable Penetrating Ammo.

The LGBT Gang is very very “smart” and VERY well-financed. In addition they are utterly ruthless and NEVER compromise. Their objective relative to mainstream American culture are long range and well thought out. Stuff like HB2 are just well-planned steps on a long path.

• MC in Goldsboro Reply

Well, former Charlotte mayor Patrick Cannon just got out of the WVA pen, so maybe he can stop here in Goldsboro, pick up Bully Barber, and head on back to Charlotte to straighten this mess out. (For a fee, of course.)

The Great State of Mecklenburg has certainly had its share of “interesting” mayors in recent years…. including Pat McC. 🙂

• dick Reply

isn’t it “eminent domain?”

Probably. I unplugged SpellCheck. It gets in the way of my creative juices flowing properly.

• dick Reply

We lose the NCAA, the ACC, the NBA, likely the PGA and God knows what else — Nascar? Economic impact on many involved, especially cities who went on the hook to build stadiums. What else? Progressives and other superior intellects leave the State? The Upper East Coast migration South slows to a crawl? Yankees choose to live and play elsewhere, refuse to send their babies to school here? The State’s population diminishes instead of exploding to soon become the 8th largest? LGBT citizens head to other climes more inclusive? All reasonable expectations. There’s one more. North Carolina might once again be a Southern State. And anti-discrimination may become a two-way street.

OR… like with all those well-publicized lib celebrities who threaten to “leave America” if ______ is elected. They have been barking those empty threats since Herbert Hoover’s administration. … I’m still hoping ChapelHill/Carrboro and Asheville try to secede from NC and form their own ToFu Republics.

Mrs Clinton spoke in Greensboro today, arising like a modern day she-Lazarus from her sick-bed to address her minions.
    It is NOT true (at least not confirmed) that Bre’r Kennel was in the front row swooning… and that he actually threw his fruit-of-the-looms at This Most Incredible Woman. I REPEAT…. It Is NOT True.

• Bill Brockman Reply

Finally got around to reading the full text of HB2. While it may not be as tightly written as it could have been, it seems to me that the obvious intent of the bill ought to be acceptable to any fair minded person. What parent of a minor child wouldn’t want that child to be able to use facilities that are accessible only to his/her sex if that is the parent’s choice? Why shouldn’t I, an adult, be able to choose to use a facility available only to persons of my sex if that is my preference? The provisions for unisex facilities for those identifying as a sex other than their biological sex seem entirely adequate, especially in light of the fact that only about 2% of the population report having LGB or T attraction. Of course, that 2% is the farthest thing from fair minded. And somehow in what is supposed to be a democracy they have gained control of this issue.

It is sad, indeed, to think that this once great nation has sunk to such depths. That the NCAA and ACC are going along with these assaults on 2000+ years of Christian morality is not surprising and therefore not disappointing. Glad I quit supporting either institution financially years ago.

Not much grist for your humor mill in these events. I do think I detect a nice touch of sarcasm in your questioning what to do with all the time you’ll save with these new bypasses. BTW, what did it cost the taxpayers to save you all those minutes? And what will be the return on their investment in terms of productivity from you and all the other motorists who will take advantage of the savings? Surely some (expensive) government funded (taxpayer money) contains the answer to these tremendously important questions?

Untold MILLIONS !!! But the New ByPass is pretty… and summarily wipes out all the small businesses along the old bypass.

• Bill Brockman Reply

That actually happened to our family business back in 1970 when the I-10 opened in N.O. Not a fond memory. My heart goes out to all those who will suffer from such “progress.”

Alas… these are “for the greater good” decisions. Not unlike “imminent domain”. Tough call.

• NCSU68Grad

Maybe someone will make a “NC” version of CARS….with little LBGTQ machines dancing along. They can lament the downfall of the folks on the “now deserted” strip.

Progress, and pavers/contractor’s pockets are deep and they support their grant writing local and federal officials. I remember a Sanford Mayor that supported them a bit too much and served time in the Atlanta Federal Pokey. His wife ran the company. He came out and took back over and never MISSED a state contract. He DID resign his office….

• Bob Reply

The silence from the mayor of Charlotte is deafening. She needs to address why she and the council felt that her new law was necessary. Later BobLee

Mayor Jennifer “Not all that bright” Roberts will stutter, stammer and blame the VRWC or some such. “Her city” has now lost both the NBA ASG and the Swofford Bowl. With any luck, maybe The PGA Tour will cancel their annual event too.

• Bob Reply

A big press conference with her pal, the pedophile, would seem in order. I sometimes feel I’m missing facts regarding the council’s need to press this agenda. I need to understand her stance. To date it has been total silence.

“They” have tried to ram this thru earlier but never had the council votes. She (Roberts) actually campaigned on a promise to make it happen. She is a hardcore total stereotype UNC Morehead loonie. It was critical that they NOT hold a public referendum. Roberts and her convicted pedophile partner in this project knew it would be obliterated. “The media” always omits that inconvenient fact.

My recently departed dad, he of sound mind and keen wit laced with superb passive aggressive tendencies, would have loved my HB2/bathroom solution. Depends undergarments for everyone attending games. Costco sells them at reasonable prices or the schools could mark them up at 3X face value in the concession stands, kinda like they do for a $6 bottle of water. The cost savings alone of having no restroom facilities would be stupendous. Instead of Charging Stations…..Changing Stations!! I read where Kevin White & K (same for NCSU & UNC and other asylums of higher learning) issued similar boilerplate legalese of many words and little substance other than the usual mumbo jumbo. Still unanswered, does it, or does it not, give permission for a dude or dudette to wander into the Ladies WC swinging their sword while shouting AARRGGH?? I couldn’t figure it out.

Great to see your review on the Goldsboro by-pass though I am concerned about the future of Ken’s Grill and his fine fish stew. I’ll check out the by-pass tomorrow.

Ken’s Grill / Sandpiper are about a mile OUTSIDE the AVAILABLE BYPASS cut-off… so should not be affected.
      Pressuring Duke / UNCCH for those Free Range Rest Rooms should be FUN FUN FUN …. YA THINK!

• TW Reply

BTW, what is it with liberals shooting their own? Boycotts against towns where people OPPOSED pose the HB2 bill and are pushing to allow transgenders to use whatever bathroom? Then — get this — they put the games into places that are part of the class action suit against the transgender laws (ie, Louisiana, Kentucky, and probably most of the Southeast states). Or in the case of Paypal, they pull the Charlotte plans (shooting their own) and then keeping a call center in a place that kills gays? Maroon 5 performing in Turkey (wtf?) then refusing Charlotte or Cary or whatever? Angie’s List refusing to build in Indy (which was great given their well-publicized financial woes) ’cause of Indy’s alleged homophobia when the Indy area has been more gay-friendly thru the years than the rest of the state?
    Next you’ll see black people so outraged against injustice that they burn down their own neighborhood…..
    And then there is the ACC, going broke at a rapid rate, wading into this one. Probably to relocate games in places that aren’t any more transgender-friendly than NC. ESPN is going broke fast too, but like the ACC and NCAA, too stupid to provide a safe-haven from the political activism. And the NCAA can’t sanction schools with hookers on staff nor will-pass MAJORS, but hot damn, they can worry about transgenders, all the while oblivious to the irony of “womens sports” in that light?

And down the rabbit hole we go …. ass over tea kettle. 🙂

• Queen City Reply

The NCGA completely botched this entire deal. Unfortunately at this point, there is absolutely zero adult supervision or common sense when you throw in the NCAA,ACC,and the LGBT folks all in the same room to attempt solve this. Will the NCAA be investigating similar perceived civil rights violations in other states hosting intercollegiate events?

See earlier reply re: “Crossing The Rubicon”. The umpteen social activists organizations will now all be demanding the NCAA / ACC employ their vindictiveness on their behalves.
      “Excuse me Mr Swofford, I have representatives of Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace and The NAACP on the line demanding to speak with you…”

• JD Reply

The ACC needs to really put their money where their mouth is. Have a special referendum today among all the schools and kick out UNC, DUKE, STATE and WAKE. That will show us this isn’t just grandstanding. I’m sure the Big 10, Big 12 or SEC wouldn’t dare bring the Duke and UNC cash cows into the fold. Has the AAC lowered the boom on ECU? Will the Sun Belt punish Appalachian State? Get the popcorn ready for the show. There is no end in sight now that this Pandora’s box has opened by the left wing trolls running Charlotte.

Both The NCAA and ACC have “crossed The Rubicon” by officially declaring themselves to be politically-partisan social-activist organizations. The “Fun” has just begun as this precedent ensnares them in a quicksand of lawsuits.