Now What ???

Crossing THe Rubicon2
September15/ 2016

OK… The vaunted and much denigrated NCAA has done what we all knew they would do – punish The State of North Carolina by removing all its championship games from North Carolina venues. Take THAT all you deplorably eeevil “..ists” and “..ophobes” in North Carolina.

Little Johnny Swofford’s ACC immediately did its “we too” – that we all knew they would do too – further punishing The State of North Carolina by removing all its championship games from in-state venues. Yeah… “whatever the NCAA said, we say that too…. All you deplorably eeeevil “..ists” and “..ophobes” many of whom are Fat Cats and fans of our member institutions.”Cross The Rubicon

The NCAA and ACC have now Crossed The Rubicon …. declaring themselves to be politically-partisan social-activists who will employ their “muscle” in bullying their member institutions to advance controversial causes.  Yeeeee Ha!  Hang On Sloopy!  The LGBT Gang now have dog collars on the NCAA and ACC and everyone knows it…. and, of course, ESPN & John Skipper (UNC’75).

So now what?

I DID wake up to a different world today (Thursday) from the one I woke up to the day before (on Wednesday).  Because we were at “da beach” for several days, returning Wednesday. Ergo, I woke up Thursday back at BLSays World HQ.  The first Thursday EVER with no NCAA or ACC championships scheduled for my home state. Not quite how I felt on Sept 12, 2001…. “with no World Trade Center.”

Brief Aside: This was our first experience with the much ballyhooed New Goldsboro By-pass of Hwy 70 which I have officially nicknamed “The Available By-pass”. A billboard company has erected A WHOLE LOT of new outdoor advertising structures along that 20-mile corridor all currently saying AVAILABLE with a phone # to call to purchase any/all those billboards to advertise your product, service or political candidacy one can assume. This corridor begins (if one is going from Raleigh to da beach) around Princeton and comes out around LaGrange. Good-by Wilbers, McCall and Shorty’s Army-Navy store in LaGrange.

The time saving for what was a three-hour trip now with ZERO stoplights versus the umpteGoldsboro Bypassen stoplights on the old Goldsboro by-pass is approximately 10-12 minutes depending on your luck with those umpteen lights. I am not sure yet what I am going to do with those 10-12 saved minutes. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

NCDOT’s Master Plan for “Super 70” includes similar outer loop by-passes around Kinston and Havelock over the next 10-15 years.  I don’t know if a bullet-train was ever considered as an option between Raleigh and “da beach” rather than more and more by-passes.

If I am still fogging mirrors in 15 years, I assume my total time-savings will be in the 30-45 minutes range. The mind reels as I consider what I can do with all those saved minutes….

As of this posting around noonish on Thursday the North Carolina General Assembly (NCGA) has NOT called a special session to revoke HB2…. hopefully thereby restoring some semblance of order to a state in full discombobulation from losing all those afore-mentioned championships. Reports of how many hysterical board monkeys’ heads have exploded over the past 48 hours are incomplete. Early estimates are in the dozens.

NCGA

This is the “lair” of The NC General Assembly for those of you who have no clue about it other than that “the media” despises it.  It is on Jones Street in Downtown Raleigh.

The “pajama boys” with area and national sports media, as reported earlier, are comparing events of the past 48 hours to Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Johnstown post-flood. Members of The NCGA (at least those NOT of the radical left-wing faction) are being villified, defiled and called all manner of obscene names by all manner of obscene name-callers… spurred on by said “pajama boys” and vapid “info babes”.

A report that WRAL’s Jim Goodmon – a/k/a “The Triangle #1 Limo Liberal” – held a Swofford press conference Watch Party / Celebration at his ITB mansion are unconfirmed.  Jim was seen dancing a jig on his front lawn however.

Comparisons to other historic state-wide tragedies such as “the death of Andy Griffith” and “closing the racetrack at North Wilkesboro” are sporadic.

Let me state, restate and re-restate that I am NOT a universal fan of all things Republican NCGA. Far fTim Moorerom it. Yes, I do have friends among that much-maligned assemblage. There are also those I loathe and wish many bad tidings upon. House Speaker “Tiny Tim” Moore and his spoonfull of quite nefarious inner-circle cronies are prominent among the latter.

IF “Tiny Tim” is somehow reelected as House Speaker my overall opinion of any of those who vote for him will be strongly negative.

Unlike some (who often post comments here… wink, wink), I do NOT Worship ANY politicians. I consider politics and politicians and “government” to be necessary evils to keep society at least one small step from total anarchy. As a group I rank Republican politicians only one thin level from “the worst”. The worst, IMO, being Democratic politicians. You are free, as always, to disagree.

In Retrospect i.e. “Hindsight”…. “Retrospect” by the way, is a wonderful place to dwell. It makes Lake Woebegone look like South Central LA by comparison. The sun always shines in Retrospect. All the women are lovely and all the children way above average. …. In Retrospect, HB2 coulda / shoulda / oughta been much much tighter and Totally Specific to the Quite Unconstitutional Aspects of The Charlotte Ordinance.

Had HB2 only addressed the unconstitutional aspects of The Charlotte Ordinance, and not wandered off into all sorts of  “lets really nail those Sodomites, Lesbians and whatever the heck a TransWhozit is” would North Carolina now be dealing with what we are now dealing with?  Yes…. and No.

Yes… I know those “pajama boys” and “info babes” have not mentioned the Unconstitutionality of The Charlotte Ordinance because they only know and report that which fits their agenda. Anyhooo….

A quite over-zealous Legislature, under a perceived time crunch back in late March, went “froggy” as legislatures often do.   How the NCGA might “unfroggy” itself from HB2 is a Gordian Knot conundrum I am unqualified to answer.

If Pat McCrory and the NCGA doesn’t even try to put the HB2 toothpaste back in the tube, what’s the next Take That “plague” that will befall “us”?…. engineered by the quite ruthless LGBT Gender Terrorists?

NOTE:  If you think for a nano-second that this latest NCAA / ACC stuff was The LGBT Gender Terrorists’ End-Game…. Boy, are you soooo mistaken. Their ultimate objective is soooo much more destructive. “They” have a strategy and the financial wherewithall that Civil Rights activists and Eco-Terrorists never dreamed of. We ain’t seen NOTHING yet and it has nothing to do with appendages and orifices and the creative and recreational uses there of….

At this point does anyone really care if Little Johnny Swofford calls Two Guys & A Truck and moves The ACC HQ to either ACC HQRock Hill SC or Roanoke VA…. Or maybe Applachicola FL or wherever? Some leasing agent at Grandover gets a new listing and the “We Hate Republicans” media will claim GAZILLIONS of dollars lost for Greensboro, but that’s about all.

I am so hoping UNCCH’s “Chihuahua and Bubba” will make all Kenan Stadium and Dean’s Dome rest rooms Gender Neutral. Don’t you? They “talk the talk” about being soooo “Inclusive”. Lets see if they “walk the walk”. …. And surely Coach K has the muscle to do likewise with rest rooms at Cameron Indoor and The Wally. …. All of The Above can be done immediately. Wonder if the local “outraged pajama boys” will take up that project ???  “Not” is the safe bet.

Personally, I am no more embarrassed by All This HB2 Hoopla than I am by Bill Barber’s Hoot & Hate Sideshows …. Or Jesse Helms …. Or NASCAR …. Or Mayberry …. Or McClatchy’s failing newspapers …. Or UNCCH’s TGU and daily absurdum …. Or Duke Lacrosse Scandal …. Or John Edwards & Rielle …. Or Gene Nichol …. Or Bev “Dumping” Perdue …. Or Spivey’s Corner’s Hollerin’ Contest …. Or WIDESPREAD PANIC at any reports of “snow” …. OR, well, you get the idea.

If Any / All of the Above “embarrass” you to any gut-wrenching degree; then Delta Is Ready When You Are. If those too embarrassed to stay in NC do leave (they won’t), I might save another five minutes on future trips to “da beach”.

This is NOT our last word on all this.  But you probably figured that out already.

Oh…. I have confirmed that the UNC FB “rape suspect” is by all accounts – “a good kid”. Which does not mean he didn’t “do it” at all. But he is NOT “just another thug-alete” as many of you might assume or hope. …. I see YET ANOTHER Six-figure Plus civil suit pay-out coming for The University of The People.

BUT WAIT

LINK

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

65 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Dr Wire

LJSwofford wet his thumb and felt the leftward winds heading our way from SF via the money of SalesForce CEO. Must have figured the mysterious forces of the social justice movement were greater than respect for a loyal fan base. Then again he has taken the Crown Jewel to Brooklyn and makes more off TV than butts in the seats on the Olypic non revenue sports, baseball & football. Let the spiral of ambivalence move again to another level as fans will speak with their billfolds or purses whether they support his decision. He may need to call the CIAA… Read more »

Dr Wire
Reply to  BobLee

The response from the ACC fan base will be like “slowly boiling a frog”. Like Nascar, there will be a report down range saying attendance is down which has been discussed here many times. This will be another “excuse” to some, but could easily be like Fedora’s prediction about hiring Beckman and “be much about nothing” in another week.

Any rumors out there about timing of this decision being an attempt to distract attention from the 4 part Dan Kane TGU series?

Dr Wire
Reply to  BobLee

Thought you may know if anyone knows:

Did you see any reporting about a vote by the ACC University Presidents to direct Swofford on penalizing NC?

If so, did the call for a vote start with Swofford or from the normal “committee” recommendation?

Dr Wire
Reply to  BobLee

Sorry about the poorly written question.

Did Presidents vote to pull ACC Championships from NC to penalize the state for HB2?

Dr Wire
Reply to  BobLee

Sorry about the poorly written question on the first attempt. If I read your answer correctly, you read my “punish NC” as a TGU vote. What was trying to ask was:

Curious.George
Curious.George

Count me among the 25 or so that does “get” Crossing The Rubicon. I’m sure it had millennials scurrying for a Thesaurus (at least those who have a clue who Roget was). And I agree this week’s unprecedented vindictive bullying actions by NCAA / ACC have forever altered the sports / political landscape. That said, how will mainstream “Joe Fan” – “Joe Citizen” react ?

David
David

Bob Lee:

This may not be the time of place for a subject change, but I could sure use a break from the “PC Insanity” that’s plaguing our nation….Help me, Hey-Zeus”….How have the nut-jobs ceased so much control ?

Do you think that Harper Cooper will approve of the re-incarnated Kinston Eagles being called the “Down East Ham Hawks” ?

Grainger Field truly is historic and I feel the “Kinston” still has a lot of “name recogniztion” and “brand value”.

“Down East” just seems too contrived and too gimmicky….I like a simple “Kinston” for a point of geographical reference,

David

David
David
Reply to  BobLee

Fair enough 🙂

While I’ve been to a few games at Grainger, I’m not a local……..If the good people of Kinston are OK with it, I certainly have no right to object.

I am most happy for Kinston….. Minor League baseball ANYWHERE is always good for the soul.

JD
JD

I have the answer! Lets play the Championship game in a WOMEN’S BATHROOM to make the perverts happy.

RRT
RRT

BL, your analysis of these things always contain info I don’t see anywhere else, but always turns out to be spot on. Do you have that great an insider source network or are you just lucky?

JP
JP

I wonder when the ACC is going to move its headquarters out of Greensboro? If they are so offended by HB2 it would seem they should move. I will help them pack.

Sigmund's Ghost
Sigmund's Ghost

BL, Would it not be simpler to just reopen Dix and institutionalize all the LGBT-ers? Prior to the introduction of political correctness in the 80’s the DSM-IV characterized all of these groups as mentally ill deviants. They in fact remain so today. Surely with the research of the Human Geneome Project, coupled with the economic incentives of big pharma; a cure could be found. It is deplorable that since I first wrote about them at the turn of the 20th century, their apparent numbers have increased despite their inability to reproduce. I thought about shock collars, but Pavlov insisted that… Read more »

JDanWuff
JDanWuff

As SWMBO and I putted down to Morehead City and back last week, we commented on the “NOW AVAILABLE” signs along the Goldsboro bypass, or interstate 42, as it will be known. Some one is going to get rich off billboard ads or wind up broke as Adam’s cat on this one. Maybe Johnson Lexus will buy a few dozen to compliment the string they run outside Havelock. HB2 is going to be fun to watch. SWMBO and her friends are against repeal and are very vocal about it. We have a granddaughter and her grandmother turns she bear to… Read more »

Blueghost
Blueghost

Question: If the NCAA and ACC are really sincere about punishing the state for HB2, why are they still permitting out-of-state teams come to North Carolina to play regular season games?

Answer: They easily can find out-of-state venues for tournaments with little if any loss of revenue. However, refusing to let out-of-state teams, e.g. Florida State, Notre Dame, Clemson… would be a disaster for the conference and the NCAA and both would lose mega-millions of dollars. How do you spell hypocrisy?

Blueghost
Blueghost
Reply to  BobLee

Perhaps the ACC should pack up and move to another state… a state that doesn’t mind letting its people use the restroom/locker room they prefer on any given day.

dick

Please everyone forgive me for being obtuse, but since I haven’t read all the provisions of HB2, would someone please explain how the bill discriminates against LGBT adherents. It could not be that they are incensed over a statute that requires people of a biological gender to use facilities designed for that gender. I admit ignorance on the matter. I assume a Transgender refers to a man dressed and coiffed as a woman — or can a Transgender dress as a man to appear as a man? Do gay men feel discriminated against for being required to utilize a men’s… Read more »

Ed.73
Ed.73

How many people are employed at Mr Swofford’s ACC HQ? How many of those are gay or transgendered?

NCSU68Grad
NCSU68Grad

Well, I first thought that you meant that the ACC had pulled out in front of a special edition Jeep. Maybe that Jeep was NOT of the same “blinging” as its cohorts that came off the same assembly line. BUT, I did read on and realized the literary metaphor. However, I DID do some quick “boning up” on ancient Italian history… “Alea iacta est” is what Caesar supposedly said the night before he “Crossed”. General Custer was later reported to have uttered something equally memorable when he said…”Those Injuns seemed mighty friendly at last night’s dance”. If I read the… Read more »

AliceJ
AliceJ

How many BLS readers do you think understand your “Crossing The Rubicon” analogy? I do and think it is perfect. Just curious.

NCSU68Grad
NCSU68Grad
Reply to  BobLee

Perhaps Albert will have read my post. I tried to save him time. I had heard the expression, but detailed Italian history was NOT a major push at West Raleigh’s finest. I guess that BK will tell me that had it NOT been for Al (Invented the Internet and was inspiration for Love Story) Gore, I would not have had such resources. Fortunately, I think that I still have an old set of Encyclopedia Britanica stashed upstairs. Wiki, despite some issues, IS handy. I agree that SOMEONE crossed the proverbial Rubicon, but I think it was the NCGA and the… Read more »

MC in Goldsboro
MC in Goldsboro

Well, former Charlotte mayor Patrick Cannon just got out of the WVA pen, so maybe he can stop here in Goldsboro, pick up Bully Barber, and head on back to Charlotte to straighten this mess out. (For a fee, of course.)

dick

isn’t it “eminent domain?”

dick

We lose the NCAA, the ACC, the NBA, likely the PGA and God knows what else — Nascar? Economic impact on many involved, especially cities who went on the hook to build stadiums. What else? Progressives and other superior intellects leave the State? The Upper East Coast migration South slows to a crawl? Yankees choose to live and play elsewhere, refuse to send their babies to school here? The State’s population diminishes instead of exploding to soon become the 8th largest? LGBT citizens head to other climes more inclusive? All reasonable expectations. There’s one more. North Carolina might once again… Read more »

Bill Brockman

Finally got around to reading the full text of HB2. While it may not be as tightly written as it could have been, it seems to me that the obvious intent of the bill ought to be acceptable to any fair minded person. What parent of a minor child wouldn’t want that child to be able to use facilities that are accessible only to his/her sex if that is the parent’s choice? Why shouldn’t I, an adult, be able to choose to use a facility available only to persons of my sex if that is my preference? The provisions for… Read more »

Bill Brockman
Reply to  BobLee

That actually happened to our family business back in 1970 when the I-10 opened in N.O. Not a fond memory. My heart goes out to all those who will suffer from such “progress.”

NCSU68Grad
NCSU68Grad
Reply to  BobLee

Maybe someone will make a “NC” version of CARS….with little LBGTQ machines dancing along. They can lament the downfall of the folks on the “now deserted” strip.

Progress, and pavers/contractor’s pockets are deep and they support their grant writing local and federal officials. I remember a Sanford Mayor that supported them a bit too much and served time in the Atlanta Federal Pokey. His wife ran the company. He came out and took back over and never MISSED a state contract. He DID resign his office….

Bob
Bob

The silence from the mayor of Charlotte is deafening. She needs to address why she and the council felt that her new law was necessary. Later BobLee

Bob
Bob
Reply to  BobLee

A big press conference with her pal, the pedophile, would seem in order. I sometimes feel I’m missing facts regarding the council’s need to press this agenda. I need to understand her stance. To date it has been total silence.

Doug
Doug

My recently departed dad, he of sound mind and keen wit laced with superb passive aggressive tendencies, would have loved my HB2/bathroom solution. Depends undergarments for everyone attending games. Costco sells them at reasonable prices or the schools could mark them up at 3X face value in the concession stands, kinda like they do for a $6 bottle of water. The cost savings alone of having no restroom facilities would be stupendous. Instead of Charging Stations…..Changing Stations!! I read where Kevin White & K (same for NCSU & UNC and other asylums of higher learning) issued similar boilerplate legalese of… Read more »

TW
TW

BTW, what is it with liberals shooting their own? Boycotts against towns where people OPPOSED pose the HB2 bill and are pushing to allow transgenders to use whatever bathroom? Then — get this — they put the games into places that are part of the class action suit against the transgender laws (ie, Louisiana, Kentucky, and probably most of the Southeast states). Or in the case of Paypal, they pull the Charlotte plans (shooting their own) and then keeping a call center in a place that kills gays? Maroon 5 performing in Turkey (wtf?) then refusing Charlotte or Cary or… Read more »

Queen City
Queen City

The NCGA completely botched this entire deal. Unfortunately at this point, there is absolutely zero adult supervision or common sense when you throw in the NCAA,ACC,and the LGBT folks all in the same room to attempt solve this. Will the NCAA be investigating similar perceived civil rights violations in other states hosting intercollegiate events?

JD
JD

The ACC needs to really put their money where their mouth is. Have a special referendum today among all the schools and kick out UNC, DUKE, STATE and WAKE. That will show us this isn’t just grandstanding. I’m sure the Big 10, Big 12 or SEC wouldn’t dare bring the Duke and UNC cash cows into the fold. Has the AAC lowered the boom on ECU? Will the Sun Belt punish Appalachian State? Get the popcorn ready for the show. There is no end in sight now that this Pandora’s box has opened by the left wing trolls running Charlotte.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x