Random Thoughts on “A” Classic

NCAA Finals
April05/ 2016

It was “A” Classic ….. not necessarily “THE” Classic.   In the wake of every Classic there is a tendency to declare it THE Classic.   National Championship games should be Classics.  This one was…. others have been, and others will be.

The final few seconds were High Drama.   Exactly how a National Championship “for all the marbles” should be.

I thought of UNC Baseball’s first trip to Omaha in the modern era – 2006 – and a heart-breaking Championship loss to OregoGod Cheersn State on a fluke play…. and my comment at that time – “God Loves Beavers Too”.   ….. Obviously “God Loves Wildcats Too….”  ….. I’m not so sure God loves Tar Heels these days for a whole host of well-documented reasons both sports and otherwise.

Before “God” was formally declared politically incorrect in America (especially on college campuses) every fan base felt He was “on their side” and would guide their destiny.   I think Villanova is still very Catholic so maybe He was a Wildcat on this night ?

“every buzzer-beater beats somebody….”

Hard to say who was more excited as the confetti reigned down at the buzzer ….. Villanova fans…. or ABCers.   My Twitter feed indicated the latter but I don’t “follow” anyone connected to Villanova.   If ‘Nova faithful were as happy as the ABC gang then Euphoria Reigns in The City of Brotherly Love, Cheesesteaks, Rocky, and The Liberty Bell.

Because of “Roy Being Roy” and TGU in general, there was a consensus of national sportswriters and cultural pundits that Villanova would be the sentimental choice – a/k/a “the good guys” versus “the serial cheaters”.   If that was indeed the case, and I expect it was, then the average casual fan in fly-over America who has no clue where Villanova is is happy…. and now ready to watch The Masters and Baseball.

As I noted a week or so ago, as I started paying closer attention to this UNC team over the past month, I grew to like “the players”.   They (the players) all seem like “good kids” and I like “good kids”.  The Villanova players seem like “good kids” too.  That neither roster featured “One & Dones” was, IMO, “a very good thing”.   Villanova was led by a “gym rat” white kid who appears to be a “throwback” to a bygonPaige Shote era.  I liked that.

The hovering stench of TGU notwithstanding, both Marcus Paige and Brice Johnson and their mates were, for me, easy to “pull for”.  I’m glad it was Marcus Paige that led the dramatic comeback in the final minute.  Will his OMG off-balance “3” be lost and forgotten byLost what happened next?  Sports is very cruel that way.   Sports is very cruel in a lot of ways…..

Thrill of Victory ….. Agony of Defeat.   In order for there to be a Winner there has to be a Loser.   To fully appreciate “being the victor” one must look over at “the vanquished” and realize “there but for Fortune / Fate go I”.   Heart-broken college kids and goggle-eyed spittle-spewing board monkeys are incapable of such insight.  They prefer to blame referees and all sorts of other ridiculous excuses to mask the reality of “we just got beat”.   College kids hopefully grow out of such immaturity.  Board monkeys will not…. they are doomed to roast for eternity in the Third Level of Hell.

It’s no secret (duh!) that I find Roy Williams to be insufferable and as delusional and unsympathetic as I find the average beady-eyed Carolina Way Holocaust-denier.   The combo of Insufferable Roy, TGU, and the Holocaust-deniers is the #1 Reason I was able to watch this game with no emotional attachment to either team.   I am, however, grateful for the juicy column fodder that both Roy and TGU have provided me.

No, I was NOT “hoping UNC would lose”…. I simply didn’t care if they did.   The litmus test that my lingering estrangement from my Alma Mater is complete.

I don’t know much about Philadelphia.  I once had to drive across the Walt Whitman Bridge at rush hour in a driving rainstorm.  That left me with a negative opinion of “Philly”.  I know Villanova is one of the 4-5 basketball-playing schools in/around Philadelphia but I have no visual concept of “it”.   I’ve never known anyone who went there.

Urban private schools “in the Northeast” are a genre I don’t know much about.   I don’t read about Villanova students doing the “stoopid whiney snowflake crap” we always read about going on at UNC and Duke.   Actually we don’t read about “that” happening at NC State either.   Watch for an upcoming incredibly insightful column about “that fact”.   I prefer colleges that are run by “responsible adults” and not by whiney snot-nosed junior anarchists and ideologues.  I digress…..Jay Wright

Jay Wright seems to be a very fine fellow who has been loyal to his employer and they to him.   I’m sure Villanova’s rival fans hate him and spew all sorts of nasty crap about him …. yawn.  I’m sure he is now on “the short list” for every “sleeping giant” who has grown tired of their current coach…. and of every NBA team not named Golden State.  Jay Wright obviously is a very fine BB coach who knows the “type of kid” that he wants for his system…. and that system has been consistently successful for quite some time.   I hope Jay Wright really is as “good a guy” as he seems to be.   Being on a stage with Roy, it’s easy to come across as “the likable one”.

Winners tell jokes… have parades and get rings…..
Losers blame refs… piss and moan and claim “we wuz robbed”.

What’s next?   I haven’t seen that Roy did/said anything “Roy-ic” after the game. Hopefully we will all be spared any more “Roy” for awhile.   Yes…. I CAN come up with column material if that is the case.

ForTheRecord:  Marcus Paige handled his “after a heart-breaking loss” press conference A WHOLE BETTER than CAM did.  I’m just sayin’.

The hovering stench of TGU continues to hover…. and hover….. and hover.   Maybe it will be resolved “soon” but I don’t think so.

It WAS “A Classic”.  Not The Classic, but A Classic nonetheless.   I like “Classics”.

As good as Game Six of the 2011 World Series?….. not quite, but “on the short list”.

Don’t Miss Art Chansky’s Thoughts too …. LINK!

• Zebraman Reply

Hey, Bob!

Checking in a bit late. I confess to being an ABC-er of sorts. But, I liked the three UNC senior kids. Still, it was no accident that UNC lost. Coaches need to learn to guard the guy inbounding the ball. He’s the guy who bites you. I could give numerous examples (Calhoun, Pitino…..and now Ol’ Roy’s in the club). Helluva year. On to baseball !

1 year ago

A specific strategy that has been in debate since Dr Naismith hung his first peach basket. Whenever a coach chooses not to do so, and it backfires, he suffers the consequences. I probably “would” put a big guy with long arms on the inbounder and tell him to jump up and wave his arms, but I’m just a guy with a website.

1 year ago

I had tried to post a comment from a UNC Health Care office early Tuesday AM. Grief Counselors were making their rounds. Fortunately my physicians were not of the true blue mold and focused on me and solved a few problems. So, ALL in UNC land is not corrupt.

As to the game, it was a great game. One can debate the place on the Greatest List. My thoughts as the game progressed were that JW was at his best and RW was being out coached. JW (strategy….implemented by team) avoided the Shock and Awe of the last 5 minutes of the 1st half. That allowed JW to focus on technical issues and not have to bind the wounds to the emotional onslaught. That then kept UNC from blitzing in the first 5 minutes. After that, it was pretty even. In the end, the Wildcats got a lead but UNC was gutsy and kept it in reach. The bookies had Nova by 4 in the 69-73 range. NEVER bet against the house. The Wildcat players wanted it more. JW out “Royed” ORW. GO

TOTALLY agree with your assessment that the team members of both sides were a tribute to what NCAA athletics SHOULD be. The fact that the UNC team did NOT have the benefit of more skilled but academically challenged players also shows that UNC can win even on a level playing field. NO PJ or whatever.

Since you used the word, RANDOM, one thought hit me….and it was the “brain expulsion du jour” of a certain NCSU blog. I think that TGU should be subdivided into two categories….”rest” of the NCAA doing it. That would be all the FB stuff. YES, that does appear to be the case.

The OTHER side of it, which seems to linger and increase in its aromaticy, is the “Undocumented Classes Syndrome”. UCS is particularly revolting to NCSU for two simple reasons…..which happen to fit into many of your areas of commenting.

The NCAA found TWO issues. Students SELLING shoes and tickets. There were NO Academic issues or NOV or NOA or whatever for Academics. In fact, the lead NCAA investigator wrote a personal note (currently FRAMED and not an internet MYTH) that he would be honored if his son could play for Jimmy V. THAT speaks volumes….especially about the PAST integrity of the NCAA.

Second was the Political Doofuses of the NC BOG. After all the N&O outcries for a public lynching, the UNC – NC – BOG or whatever commissioned an “Investigation”. C. D. Spangler was the chair. Other than asking Jimmy V. why he did NOT give his players MORE spending money and that would have averted the crisis, THEY, in their politically appointed and pointy headed wisdom cited Jimmy V for “Lack of Academic” encouragement. Yes, we did have one lad that even Mary could not have helped. BUT, the BOG wanted the team to have a graduation rate that was HIGHER than the NCSU student body average. That report resulted in Valvano resigning as AD, however, he wanted to continue to as HBBC. Fast forward, THAT report and it language was the reason cited NOT to honor V’s HBBC Contract or the “Buyout”. V had to negotiate hard and heavy just to get a portion of what the contract called for. The WPC paid their share without any issues.

SO, on the so called eve of finally having an NCAA conclusion to the final phase of TGU and Butch and Black Santa getting FULL buyout/severance payments, there are obviously some old scars that are now wounds.

The timing of Dean Smith bringing in the AfroAmer department, copied from Kansas, circa 1992 when Jimmy V was diagnosed with cancer is also a bit ironic. Here the bastion of The Carolina Way set up a system that perhaps encouraged athletics more than AfroAmer heritage knowledge. The REST of the story about how it morphed into the multi-headed monster that it was is common knowledge.

And this comes from a person that does NOT want the DD to be imploded with high yield nuclear devices…..GOD save the punishment that the Loco Lobo crowd wants.

I will keep reading and posting….

And I will keep posting and reading your comments. 🙂

• Trans Plant Reply
    1 year ago

The greatest shot never to be seen again is the double pump tie maker. My wife has only seen the mascot getting clocked. So that is what I predict your grandkids will be watching 20 years from now.

1 year ago

Talk about “15 minutes of fame” …. Paige only got about 30 seconds. It WAS an awesome shot. I heard about clocked Ramses but have not seen the tape.

• GWC Reply
    1 year ago

For Final Four classics readers might go to http://www.bleacherreport.com and look at their 25 best NCAA finals for comparisons with last night . Most are very close games , buzzer beaters , OT’s and includes 1958 Kentucky over Temple by 1 , 1946 UNC over Ohio State in OT , Houston over Virginia by 2 in 1884 , UCONN beating Duke by 1 in 2004 , Marquette over UNCC in 1977 by 2 , Kentucky over Duke in 1966 and so on . Since there is no lid on the number of classics let’s just call last night a classic also .

1 year ago

It’s Official then…. it was an “A” and not a “THE”.

• Porgie Reply
    1 year ago

Only was able to view the last14-15 minutes of the game with no audio as we were in a venue with music playing. Several years ago (1989), an editorial carton appeared in the Charlotte paper with the caption “The signs of Spring – birds are chirping, trees are budding, flowers are blooming, Tar Heels are choking”. But even I would say that was NOT a choke job last night, just a great end to a great game. However, what did not end was the over glorification of UNC-CH by TBS in wrapping up the game coverage. In my opinion, the vast majority of the postgame coverage were replays and tributes of UNC-CH action and players and virtuallynothing of Villanova. Was I viewing that thru my Wofpack Red glasses? Also your disgruntled poster with his one word spelling ‘Tarheels’. Shows how much ‘in the know’ he is concerning his adopted school. I know you will lose a lot of sleep over that. At least UNC-CH will not have to fret over the NCAA taking another title away.

1 year ago

Porgie, are you sure you were not watching the “UNC Homer version” on TNT or Tru or whichever? There were “homer versions” for both schools.

1 year ago

I don’t listen to local sports radio but local talker Joe Ovies tweeted that the quite angry rabid bats (C-blue persuasion) are out in full force today. Must be a full moon over Franklin Street? Apparently “they” are blaming everyone from The Illuminati to Lennie Wirtz and all stops in-between.
    That “they” do love to call talk radio is one thing. That “they” might actually breed and/or vote is really scary.

• Steve Ogburn Reply
    1 year ago

I only see where you can “like” your columns but not “dislike”. You should add that button too. I have grown tired of your constant negative Roy and UNC comments and quite honestly tired of you- I’m done.

1 year ago

Your DISLIKE is duly noted. What took you so long to come to that conclusion? I’ve been pretty consistent on those subjects for AT LEAST five years.
      Provocative opinion websites are in constant Drop-Add mode… The Cycle of Life on the Internet.

• Dr.Vinnyboombatz Reply
        1 year ago

I would venture to guess that you won’t miss that guy one damn bit.

1 year ago

I figured all the hard core Tru Blues had left years ago… But all are welcome here. ?

• GWC Reply
    1 year ago

I agree this game was a terrific game but not sure it’s “a” classic . Am personally certain it’s not THE Classic . Very few contests should readily be labeled “classic” because classics have to stand the test of time for comparative purposes . That 1957 triple overtime UNC victory over Wilt and Phog Allen country is clearly “a” classic and might get the nod by many of us as THE Classic NCAA basketball championship . The semi-final that same tourney over Michigan St. went three OT’s as well and that so-rare scenario repeating itself in the finals simply added spice to the mix ! For a 14 yr. old to be on Franklin St. after the Kansas-UNC game that night was classic in it’s own right ! THE Classic basketball game I cared about however was the NC State-Maryland ACC tourney championship game in 1974 when only one team could advance . WHAT a game ! I’ll let you do the honors telling all about that one and let the readers decide if last night’s game measures up .

1 year ago

Millennials have very very short memories or knowledge of “history” in sports or anything else. I think this “classic” debate is limited to FF finals. Both of DES’ two NCs had classic endings too.

1 year ago

I agree with GWC, NCSU-Maryland still remains the most compelling game in my lifetime. Two great teams with a lot to gain or lose. I Was 6 during the 57 “classic” and didn’t see the game live but a week or so later my elementary school herded us into the auditorium and the game was shown to us, complete with Coke commercials. Was this the beginning of the massTCW indoctrination? Anyhoo, my age 6 scouting report to my friends was Kansas should have passed the ball into that very, very tall dark man every time and he could have scored 100 points, which to my amazement he did a few years later in the NBA. Apparently Wilt scored more than 100 in other ways too. ? I wonder if any Bond girls were Wilt’s pals?

1 year ago

Out of 10,000, the odds are pretty good there was a Bond girl or two. I don’t discount that Epic ACC Tournament game AT ALL… but the question is CLASSIC NCAA FINALS… NOT “Most Classic game in history of college BB. Texas Western vs Kentucky would get a few votes too.

• inkstainedscribe Reply
    1 year ago

BL, part of me wondered if Ol’ Roy would drop the mic and leave the stage if his boys had won last night. TGU? Dadgum it, I’ve got golf to play and knees to be replaced. We may never know.

Like players, I think officials can have off nights, too. They missed some on both sides, but in the end, as they say, you have to put the ball in the basket to win and Roy’s Boys didn’t do that often enough. We may be seeing Mr. Paige wearing a suit and sitting near the scorer’s table’s end of the Carolina bench before you know it.

1 year ago

Page may be one of The most universally admired UNC BBer of many years. Even most rabid ABCers seem to like him! YIKES !!!!

• GWC Reply
    1 year ago

God’s favorite Bond girl ? Point about God not picking favorites in ballgames or trenches might suggest He/She takes no sides on Eastern or Western BBQ , Marilyn , Jane or Brigitte , Kinston or Wilson , Turk or Kurd , Donald or Ted , scotch or bourbon , “K” or CRW and that , Classic or not , that was a good , tough , strong “D” , reasonably called GAME that meant the world to the participants but should be accepted purely as entertainment and the outcome nothing truly VITAL to the rest of us . Maybe I can get some sleep TONIGHT !

1 year ago

How do YOU define “A CLASSIC” GWC? I think twin triple OTs and beating Wilt qualifies… huh?

• JDanWuff Reply
    1 year ago

Blaming the refs is the right of all losers, losers being rightly defined as passionate fans, board monkeys and kool aid drinkers. The game was a classic, emphasis on “a”.
    Roy is a jerk IMO, but I am the opposition, and the Son of Satan at Dook is a jerk, too.
    The players have nothing to be ashamed of. They played a great game on both sides. The game will be recalled for years as a great game.
    Remember, I have a good place for you to hide if you need to go off the grid. ?

I want you around with me for MANY more Final Fours JDan. 🙂

• Ted-From-Wilm Reply
    1 year ago

If it helps in balancing… I was attracted to this website BECAUSE BobLee is NOT a typical Carolina Way jackass / apologist. I have been on-board for at least four years (after The Tweet). “NailGun” has been reading since 2003 and JUST noticed that BL is NOT a RahRah UNC guy ??? …. DUH!

1 year ago

I appreciate that Ted… and I can also appreciate “NailGun’s” decision to go away. I don’t know “NailGun” at least not by that name. I also wondered how he “just realized” I am NOT a RahRah UNC guy and never have been for 20+ years, especially so since “all the junk” came out. I saw the BS silliness of The Carolina Way long before Marvin and Uncle Julius came along. My “estrangement” began before this website began. The THREE YEARS (!!) I did that FB pre-game show on WCHL was beyond surreal.
      If a huge audience had ever been my objective I would have catered to The Monkey Market as ESPN has chosen to do. I appreciate anyone who takes their time to visit here either to be entertained or because they are masochists and like being insulted. …. ONWARD!

• DA Reply
    1 year ago

I just recently started enjoying your columns through exposure on Carolina Plott Hound. In reading your most recent article, I see a reference to “TGU”. I read back through some of your archives to find out what that refers to but haven’t had any luck…….could you tell me what that acronym and ABCers stand for?

1 year ago

OUCH! My Bad! I use waaaay too many “insider acronyms” and nicknames without periodic explanations. WHO DAT? was designed to achieve that but I don’t send newbies there often enough. …
      TGU = The Great Unpleasantness … my acronym for the Total Great Scandal @ UNC from Marvin's Tweet to Today and all crap in-between.
      ABCer = Anybody But Carolina … those partisan supporters of UNC rival schools who REALLY REALLY Dislike UNC@CH. There are ABD ( … But Duke) fans too and ABOS (Ohio State) …. ABA (Alabama) etc etc. High profile programs with especially arrogant fans tend to breed “Anybody But” anti-fans. NCState, Duke and ECU comprise the bulk of the ABC ranks.

• RC Reply
    1 year ago

I am not a UNC Grad and have no other affiliation to the school other than I am a native “Tarheel” North Carolinian. I became a fan in my teens about the time Dean Smith arrived. I have been a dedicated fan since that time. I have never been on a message board so I’m not one of his “slobbering board monkeys”. I was drawn to Bob Lee Swagger because of his obvious affection for all things “Carolina”. This was back far enough that if you “signed on” you got a free autographed copy of Braggin’ Rites in 2003, which I still have. After reading the negatives from Bob Lee for the past 2 years and his latest comment, “No, I was NOT “hoping UNC would lose”…. I simply didn’t care if they did. The litmus test that my lingering estrangement from my Alma Mater is complete.”, I feel it is time for me remove his email address from my contact list so that any further email notices go straight to the trash. ZiggaZoomba Bob Lee.

1 year ago

You will neither be the first to do so… nor the last. Being honest with one’s readers come at a price. You might want to check out Adam Lucas’ columns at, I think, GoHeels.com. Wherever you go, PLEASE DON’T become “a slobbering board monkey”. … Adios.
      PS: You got that copy of Braggin’ Rights by answering a Trivia Question. Not just for signing up.

• 58 wolf kennel Reply
    1 year ago

Knowing much of your background, a “classic” blog as well. I actually pulled for and felt the loss for the Carolina players, even jumped out of my chair when the double clutch three tied the game. Pulled for the win !!
    Of course wondering whether God would even things up through the NCAA in May and SACS in June.
    Also remembering that this same Nova team is 8-1 the last two years in the NCAA tourney ( with only loss to the Wolfpack :+))
    The game itself, however, was indeed a true “classic”.

1 year ago

But NOT equal to Game Six in 2011… OR to Game Seven of 1960 (Mazeroski’s walk-off”) … or to UNC v KU in ’57 OR to “The Slipper Fits” in 1983.

• Thuaidh Cearuilin Reply
    1 year ago

Oddly enough there’s a support group down in Houston for just this kind of thing. It’s at the Guy Lewis “WTF Just Happened” Wellness Center. They have councillors standing by.

1 year ago

I’m pretty sure this classic was NOT on the “OMG upset level” of THAT ONE. If Butler’s Gordon Haywood’s Hail Mary “at the buzzer” had gone in versus Duke THAT might have been sorta the same, maybe.

• dumpthencaa Reply
    1 year ago

Great column, as usual. I guess all the police and stand-by reinforcements on Franklin Street got to go home early last night. A lot of clean-up money was saved by that loss. Now that the “Classic” is behind us, we can go back to wondering how much longer it will be before the NCAA slaps the heels on the wrist.

1 year ago

I bet you can get a great deal on some “UNC National Champions” t-shirts at Carolina Sportswear this AM.

• JDanWuff Reply
        1 year ago

Some third world country is going to be getting a supply of shirts and caps soon.

Don’t you know it!

• BullCityBeth Reply
    1 year ago

My 8 year old little boy was heartbroken last night and still this morning. I reminded him that he has baseball practice this evening, his face lit up and he said, “Oh yeah, that’s right, it’s Tuesday.” (I’m hoping this is a sign that he will not grow up to be one of the loony board monkeys!!)

1 year ago

I don’t think there is ANY chance of that happening. 🙂

• JD Reply
    1 year ago

I hate people that blame the refs but today I am blaming the refs. So I now hate myself too. I don’t care if they make lousy calls just make lousy calls on both ends of the court. Is that so much to ask for?

1 year ago

There are many “of you” today, I think. It is one of the inalienable rights of a hard-core fan. 🙂

• dumpthencaa Reply
      1 year ago

As an outsider looking in, I thought the officiating was pretty good. I saw a few questionable calls… at both ends… but no outright “blown” calls… at either end. The heels have been given the “benefit-of-the-doubt” on more than their share of calls over the years. Now is not the time to be complaining about the officiating. That’s what poor losers do.

1 year ago

“Meeks on the floor” and a “walking no-call” towards the end were questionable from where I sat. Far more fan bases than not will “blame the refs” in any close loss. A certain red-clad bunch in West Rawlee are notorious at “it”. DUDLEY BRADLEY LIVES !!!

• Lakepacker Reply
    1 year ago

I got to watch this game from a different perspective. I am in a foreign country and watched the game with foreign language commentators with a Carolina grad. We both thought it was an excellent game with the two best teams in the NCAA this year and seemingly positive role models. It was interesting to look at social media after the game and see the comments about officiating. With no “commentary” that we could understand from announcers, we did not have those opinions or tendencies. There were good and bad calls on both sides, but as you say, a “classic” game if not “the classic”. It is one that will be remembered for some time.

1 year ago

The hands of time keep right on moving … Tick tick tick ….?

• GWC Reply
    1 year ago

Am pretty sure God takes no “sides” in ball games as He/She surely took no “sides” in WW I with French praying to Him from the western-most trenches and Germans praying to Him from the eastern-most trenches , and with nine million deaths across Europe the result of “entangling alliances” among allies and monarchical marital arrangements . Just a stark reminder that this Classic ballgame was not the end of the world for UNC fans nor Salvation for Villanova fans and ABC’ers . The only Villanova grads I’ve ever known were in my USMC company at Quantico and they were all fine Catholic guys with “funny” names like Chariolanza and Fratcarangelo ( we called him alphabet) and I know they are all happy today ! IF , however , God WERE pulling for the Heels and CRW a wee bit HE/She might have suggested a tighter defense on that final four second play ! It was still a great season for UNC and fine college careers for Marcus , Brice and Joel !

1 year ago

Does God have a favorite Bbq joint or a favorite Bond girl ???

1 year ago

Ya think God has a favorite in BBQ joints and/or Bond girls?

• ncsu1987 Reply
    1 year ago

Nice column, as always. Fear not, Roy and co. will provide a bounty of fodder as then TGU denouement begins.

This was easily the most likable UNC team in a long, long time. Marcus Paige was an amazing college student athlete (and I mean that, in every sense of the word) that any University would give much to have represent them.

I actually wondered last night if you would comment on the “THE classic” rhetoric from last night. It’s funny to me that all the young national journalists seem to be in lock-step with this opinion. Almost like they somehow NEED to have been there at THE greatest of all time. I truly don’t get that psychology. For example, I wasn’t there, but I’m ok saying that the ’86 back nine charge by Jack at The Masters is the most amazing golf I’ve ever seen. 2011, game 6, just as you said. Wasn’t there, but still ok saying it. Maybe I’m too old to understand.

1 year ago

Carolina vs Kansas in 1957 was “pretty good” as was 1983 in Albuquerque of course.

• fayettewuf Reply
    1 year ago

I went to bed convinced that either Nova would drop off Johnson and guard the 3 point shooters and Johnson would light them up or that the 3 point guys would continue to play horse. I do not dislike the UNC players so I have a minimum feeling of schadenfreude. I am sure they take no comfort in the fact that they achieved more than 99.9% of the D-1 college teams. When a team that probably will send more to the pros loses, the question arises about coaching. Bet Roy would love responding to that question.

Time heals all wounds….

• fayettewuf Reply
        1 year ago

It might wound all Heels…

1 year ago

Only those thin of skin and short of sense….

1 year ago

Why does the hurt seem to hurt longer than the feel good feels? Maybe Coach can explain.

1 year ago

A ponder for the Ages …..