Dan Kane “Bravehearts” John Swofford…. 13 minutes of Hell !

Braveheart
October01/ 2015

Dan KaneOh My!!  “That Damn Dan Kane” performs a journo-colonoscopy on John Swofford ….. with a rusty razor blade and no anesthesia.

I can’t imagine that The ACC Commissioner has endured a more uncomfortable 13 minutes in his 65 years.  Think William Wallace’s execution in Braveheart !!!!

Braveheart

As noted in our earlier post about John Swofford’s visit to the Raleigh Sports Club on Wednesday; following his remarks, he spoke briefly with me…. then not so briefly with Dan Kane.   Our minute or so chat was light hearted and pleasant.  I turned him over to That Damn Dan and he got out the thumb screws and waterboard.Swofford

NOTE:  This interview was not pre-arranged.   John is savvy enough to have gotten out of it in any of various ways.   To his credit, he did not.  As you watch and listen it is easy to imagine John was wishing he was having root canal surgery… by a clumsy dentist wearing oven mitts…. in the dark.

I’m going to guess this video will “go viral”.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of
guest

33 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Sargent Friday
Sargent Friday

If The Forks is still catering the event, this whole situation makes sense. The owner of the Forks is an award winning fundraiser for the Wolfpack Club. He obviously spiked Swoff’s tea with truth serum. I could see it taking effect as Swoff had to sit down halfway through. I’m sure Pack Pride will have an enhanced audio version posted soon.

NCSU68Grad
NCSU68Grad

Decided to rewatch the video for better audio….
Each time it is preceded with a QuikRete ad. Maybe Johnny was thinking about some of his Italian buddies fitting Dan with Concrete Galoshes….
I can see Johnny then waking up at night with the Deliverance nightmare. Can you picture Johnny in Burt’s Band of Adventurer’s…..I will leave that up to your imagination….

Doug
Doug
Reply to  BobLee
BW
BW

Little Johnny was either sitting next to his favorite ho in church or had a hot poker up his ass in that interview. Do UNC’s chances of escaping penalties diminish with the punitive damages levied on Syracuse and SMU or is the NCAA afraid to cook the goose that lays the golden eggs?
Would be interested in your take.

Even money says Chizik is head coach at UNC in two years.

PTH
PTH

Bill must have an unlimited supply of blue kool aid possibly spiked with more than alcohol, irrelevant, my rear end. I also give Swofford credit for giving the interview, and Dan Kane props for being the only news person in North Carolina with the balls to ask questions that should have been asked and answered years ago by someone, anyone,in the news business who might actually want to know. As someone who was (and still is) in a position of power at the so called beginning of TGU, (which began way before that) who should have known. He should be… Read more »

Bill
Bill

Meh… this is almost as bad as the N&O’s hatchet job, for no particular reason, on Tony Tata’s personal life well after his relevancy was over. Just as that made the Democrat/liberals happy, this serves the ABC crowd and that is about it. It is all tiresome, and at least I can happily report that we have finally stopped subscribing to that Dem/Lib/ABC tabloid.

Frank Linstreet
Frank Linstreet

I agree that Swofford deserves credit for doing the interview. Certainly he knew that Dan was going to give him the 3rd degree on “what he knew” as UNC AD…. as well he should. His hem/haw answers definitely adds fuel to the raging bonfire.

Bob
Bob

Alright BobLee admit it. You must be somewhat concerned about the Pirates and Cubs recent wins vs your Cardinals. Since the all star break both appear capable of sending the Cards home early. The GM for the Cubs has done a terrific job of rebuilding that organization. Looking forward to a great series either way. And yes BobLee I’m a Braves fan.

Clemson Nation
Clemson Nation

Time to end the charade that the ACC has a honest broker as Commissioner. The Sgt. Schultz defense must be hypnotized into every UNC alumni and activated whenever the collective is threatened. Swofford’s DNA is all over the UNC crime scene, but like O.J., he’ll get away with it despite the heroic efforts of Mr. Kane to uncover the truth. Like most UNC lackeys, he doesn’t possess the character or self respect to do the right thing and step down due to his egregious conflict of interest in this whole sordid matter. Honestly, Bobbie Lee, why didn’t you just do… Read more »

Doug
Doug

You could just feel the love in that room. Now I know how Nixon felt ?

Doug
Doug
Reply to  BobLee

The reputation of the RBC’s treatment of its speakers is impeccable. This interview though will never be misconstrued as a ringing endorsement of TGU by Mr Swofford. Oh wait, Art’s angle on it would probably enlighten everyone and turn every unbeliever into believers dont’cha think?

58 wolf kennel
58 wolf kennel

Yikes! That was a molar extraction with a velvet glove. Dan asked the right questions, and Swofford was carefully unsure with his answers. Unless he has read all the books and blogs, he may have not remembered details from 20+ years ago :+))

richard
richard

A very civil exchange. Swofford definitely looks like he’d rather be elsewhere, but I give him credit for not bailing out and hitting the door. Some of Kane’s questions would have been more appropriate for the NCAA, not the conference commish.

TheCowdog
TheCowdog

OMG, bro.
Swoff coulda’ hammered 3 Tanqueray martinis, and capped it with a personal spliff, and handled THAT better.

That’s what I would have done, anyway. Wow, I thought I was a sweater. How in the world can one keep those eyebrow muscles in such shape at our age?

Jesushchristinasidecar.

90Lobo
90Lobo

Quote me as saying this:
“My god. That was a torture session of all sessions.
Could the Swoff POSSIBLY come across more complicit and guilty?!”

Jeebers.
Genius. The whole thing.

Well Done BL.
-90 Lobo

DrVinnyboombatz
DrVinnyboombatz
Reply to  BobLee

Months ago, I asked “That Damn Dan” in an email if he thought Swofford knew anything about TGU while he was AD. Dan told me that he did not have much if any information to go on to investigate him. I have no inside source but I believe something has changed the mind of “That Damn Dan” and he is now working on finding out more of what Swofford knows.So, in your opinion, is my hypothesis worth testing?

NCSU68Grad
NCSU68Grad

Top Gun…..Maverick in airport bar…..having a drink. In comes “Charlie” (AKA, his heart throb BEFORE she turned to an alternative life style). Maverick looks sadder than Larry Brown. He is not gonna fly again since his heroic antics, COULD have been contributory negligence in Goose’s death. Sipping on his drink, he shuns her. Bartender asks….what will you have….”I’ll have what he’s having, HEMLOCK is it…” From the Swoff’s facial expression, that cup of coffee SHOULD have been hemlock and taken him out of his misery I watched it and need to get out my super Dr. Watson or is it… Read more »

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x