Local “Flagship” Actually Believes THAT …..

Clowns
June24/ 2016

Making fun of “those people over there” a/k/a UNC @ Chapel Hill is a long-standing tradition going back multi-generations.

There have been “Little Moron Jokes” ….. “Polak Jokes” ….. “Redneck Jokes” …. “Aggie Jokes” ad infinitum. Every racial / religious / ethnic / political faction has been both the instigator of and target of “put-downs” by other factions. To expedite the whole joke bizness…. most have interchangeable subjects as in:

“How many ______ does it take to change a light bulb?”

Hard to believe that even that worn out old dead horse still gets a snort and a giggle when the jokester drops in the object of ridicule. Assuming that the majority of his/her audience shares his/her low opinion of said object of ridicule.

One favorite target that never seems to get old around these parts are – “those people over there in Chapel Hill”.

Talk about churning out brand new material that SCREAMS …. MAKE FUN OF THIS! “Those people” are like sorta-human “Wet Paint” signs.  You just HAVE TO touch it.

Nobody churns out new ridicule-ready material faster and of such prime quality than “those people”. Case in point…..

What can I add to this? Just read it yourself and remember the whacked-out nitwits named in this are State of North Carolina employees and their compensation is likely in six-figures.  Churning out this crap is “what they do all day”.

NOTE: This link is NOT a satire site. This is NOT a clever lampoon perpetrated by a hater. ….. This is what “those people over there” are doing on your dime.

Internet Legend Drowning In Flagship Fodder …. LINK!

• PTH Reply

I know that I myself am highly offended when someone from the north tells me that he didn’t do it that way up north. Does this mean I’m a snowflake?

Not at all. A “snowflake” is a very fragile little human organism that spends most of its days curled into a fetile position deathly afraid of pretty much EVERYTHING… and desirous of Big Brother Guvmint to protect it from EVERYTHNG. Liberal Academic Institutions offer advanced degrees in “Snowflake”.

• fayettewuf Reply

When first made aware of this blog entry, I knew BL was going to jump on it. I figured you and the Packpride guys were going to completely ignore the disclaimer at the top and pronounce it university policy. Practically everybody thinks it is stupid. But if you are looking for evidence that any group has a ridiculous set of beliefs, you find the most ridiculous and claim it is representative (you used to have a statement to that effect somewhere on the site). I doubt seriously that anyone is even micro-offended by any of the micro-aggessive statements, but “The Local Flagship actually believes it” anyway?

Normally I concur that “the looniest in any group” does not represent “the group”. I believe my official statement is: “The Worst of them is All of them. The Best of Us is All of Us.”
      But in this case, this absurdum is not coming from a dozen whiney little snowflakes or nutty Ol’ Altha Cravey or even Mean Gene The Gasbag Nichol. It is coming from Upper Level Administrators… a/k/a Chief Diversity Poobah. Ergo, I deem it more representative of “The Administration”.

• fayettewuf Reply

The list was made by Sharbari Dey, assistant director for education and special initiatives at UNC’s Diversity and Multicultural Affairs, and Kristia Prince, coordinator for leadership development in the school’s Housing and Residential Education department.

Assistant director and coordinator? These minor players hardly speak for the university. There is a disclaimer at the top that specifically says this is not university policy. I know those titles sound impressive but this is just a list of things these clowns with too much time on their hands see as having offensive connotations.

I defer to your analysis. ?

• TheCowdog Reply

Should Trump pull it off, might he please reconsider the Great Wall of Mexico, and redirect to what could be termed: The Jesse Helms Memorial Wall?

Who knows what Trump might do or not do?? Trump vs Hillary comes down to Lesser of Two Evils and we all apply our own definition of “evil”.

• Brent Reply

And I think these were made just for you (I have no affiliation)?

Who should I thank?
      For the record, I don’t “like” either political party or their leadership … But I do dislike one significantly more than the other.

• Brent Reply

Well, I think people have to realize that “micro” technically means “one millionth” – so it takes one million microagressions to equal one agression. Maybe all the lib’rul universities coining that phrase haven’t yet realized that.

• TomtheWuf Reply

“Never try to teach a pig to sing! It wastes your time and annoys the pig!” That pretty much sums up “the Hill peeps!!

• Mark Reply

So from what I understand, you most likely can not talk to another person, look at another person, or have any thoughts about another person without constituting a microaggression. Oops, does using the word “person” constitute a microaggression? Oops, does asking if something constitutes a microaggression constitute a microaggression? I don’t think I can win at this game. Oops, I said “win”! I’m sure that constitutes a microaggression. I better stop now.

The only way one can understand these loonies is to become one of them. It is NOT worth it. … it is a version of “Why does a dog lick itself? – Because it can.” – The University allows these whacky nitwits to sit around and come up with this pure high octane BS… and make it POLICY. Chancellor Chihuahua has some really “interesting” senior staff, huh!

• Blueghost Reply

Mark… I was with you until you included the word, “win.” That is all that matters at CHeater U… first, last and always. No way “win” ever will be referred to by the CHeaters as microaggression.

• Mark Reply

Good point. And hence a most perfect example of hypocrisy.

• RC Reply

Unfreakingbelieveable!

“That place and those people” just keep getting curiouser and curiouser and ….

“You’re never too old to learn something stupid” and “Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.” All quotes attributed to Sir Winston Churchill or Yogi Berra. I forget.

• DrJay Reply

The only way we’re ever going to stop this nonsense is for people to refuse to buy into it. I keep hoping enough folks will come to their senses, but so far I’m not encouraged.

I hear ya brutha! I fear the patients have no hope for recovery.

• DrVinnyboombatz Reply

Christmas turkeys are less full of it than those in The Peoples Republic of Chapel Hill.

No surprise there.